Nurseries and Baby Gear

Organic Changing Pads and Covers

I'm looking at a few organic changing pads. Namely two LA Baby ones on Costco.com - basic/contoured? (16? x 34? x 4?) and cocoon styles (16? x 32? x 4?) and it looks like Amazon also has the cocoon one, or similar, for only $26. (I've looked at the Naturepedic ones, but both the pad and covers are more than twice as much.) Any thoughts or suggestions on these or other brands to consider?

My other question is about organic covers. The LA Baby come with one cover, but I'd like to have at least 2-4. 

My Amazon search has turned up some generic organic ones and most say they fit 17" x 35". It seems like they'd be way to big on the cocoon style, but will they be too baggy even on the basic/contoured one

Basically I need to decide on the best pad and covers. Advice welcome!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Organic Changing Pads and Covers

• Ok, consider why you want organic.  How is vinyl (or synthetic waterproof layer), polyester and foam, the components of this and just about all other changing pads organic?  The organic label is a gimmick and the organic cotton content can be very little 5-10 % and still advertise itself as an organic product.  

There's little options for a truly organic waterproof changing pad.  Obviously you need a wipeable waterproof layer for hygiene and clean up.  Even Naturepedic is mainly synthetic.  Is it really less toxic than conventional product?  Who knows?   

My advice is don't get blindly caught up in the "organic" baby items trend. Understand what you are actually getting and if that item is actually in line with your rationale for going organic.  

The most practical option might be to consider getting a conventional pad and purchase an organic cover to use over it.     

PS I have an LA Baby "natural" mattress and I'm pretty happy with it for the balance between price and more organic/natural components vs the standard vinyl mattress.  I just don't want you to assume that the product is completely natural and organic just because of the label claim 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"