April 2013 Moms
Options

Emmett Marlin is here!

I haven't been on the bump for about a week.  Emmett Marlin was born April 22 at 7:28 am, weighing 6 lbs, 11 oz, and 19 in long.  

I was trying so hard all weekend to go into labor so I didn't have to go back to work (some of you may remember my maternity leave vent post).  Well LO cooperated and contractions started at 1 am Monday morning.  By 2 am they were getting painful and about 5 minutes apart so we started getting ready to go.  My mom had arrived Saturday night so we didn't have to worry about finding someone to watch DD.

We arrived at the hospital at 3 am and I was already 5 cm and the contractions were coming every 2 to 3 minutes.  I decided to go for the epidural even though I went natural with DD and was planning to again, I just knew it was going to get a lot more painful and I didn't think I could take it this time.  

I'm so glad I had the epidural.  I couldn't feel a single contraction for the next 2 hours.  DH and I used this time to decide on his name:)  

At 7 am my water broke and 15 minutes later I could feel him moving down and I knew it was time to push...3 pushes later he was out.  

He had the cord around his neck and had taken a breath of amniotic fluid so I got to hold him for a minute but he was still blue so they had to put him on oxygen in the nursery.  He ended up needing it for about 8 hours but then was fine and figured out nursing fairly quickly.  

2 days later we were sent home and everything looked good, but then on our first home visit with the nurse/midwife his pulse ox went way down and we had to put him back on the oxygen.  We still have him at home and he's doing really well other than needing that oxygen.  We go see the pedi tomorrow.

Big sister is doing great, better than I expected:)  We are all in love...I finally got my siggy picture changed to show both my munchkins.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Emmett Marlin is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"