June 2013 Moms
Options

BTDT nursing bras/tanks

So I am trying to decide when I should buy my nursing bras and tanks. I have heard not to buy them too early because they will be too small and to wait until the last minute.

For those of you that have done this before, when did you buy nursing tanks and bras for after delivery? And what size did you buy the in - same as you were at the time, slightly bigger, etc?

Photobucket
holding on to that feeling...
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BTDT nursing bras/tanks

• Options
    my birth class teacher said you can buy nursing tanks now... but do not buy a good nursing bra until after your milk comes in so you can get it sized, your breasts will change between now and then. she said just buy a cheap one (sports bra type nursing tank) for the first week then get a good one that fits!

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I've got large girls- so need a good, supportive, comfortable bra that won't make my girls looking like I belong on the amazon. I am ordering my nursing bra's (Anita nursing bras) online the end of May, first part of June. I will order a true to size, and then a size up just in case. I can always return and get a smaller/larger size anyhow.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jlaOKjlaOK member

I bought tanks before I gave birth and just made sure they'd be slightly forgiving in the boob area.

My favorite nursing bra was this from Motherhood

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=919780361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29

It comes in S/M L/XL (plus size also available) and has some stretch so it can be worn both before and after your milk comes in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I bought a couple of the Target nursing tanks when I was pregnant with DD and wore those the first few days home from the hospital. I also bought a cheap sports bra type nursing bra and between the tanks and the one bra I made it the first couple weeks until my milk was fully in and my boobs has grown to their gigantic nursing size (I was a small B cup before pregnancy and a large C cup while nursing). Around 3 weeks post partum I bought a few more bras and in the end I think I ended up with 6 or 7 bras that got me thru the 18 months of nursing
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I bought nursing tanks and sleep/sports bra type nursing bras before delivery.  I bought the current size I was wearing and the next size up.  They both worked for sleeping and around the house.

I waited a few months before I got real bras, but that was because I was too lazy to go find some that really fit!  I ended up wearing a cup size bigger than I was at the end of my pregnancy. 

DD #1 August 2010 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"