June 2013 Moms
Options

S/O Friends getting pregnant

2»

Re: S/O Friends getting pregnant

• Options
    imagekkmlafferty:
    It bothered me just a little bit that my cousin just recently announced her pregnancy. She is about 4 months along but it really only bothered me because she did the same exact thing my first pregnancy. Strange coincidence

She totally did it to steal your limelight.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Several of my friends and family got pregnant around the same time (before and after) I did.

Honestly, I think it's a little petty to let something like that bother you. The world doesn't stop having babies just because you got pregnant, kwim? :)

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really feel lucky that my SIL and I are so close. We're having babies 2 months apart and couldn't be happier! It's nice to have someone share the experience with
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Two people found out they were pregnant sometime after me: a really close friend and my cousin's wife.  When I heard the news, I was very excited for both of them.  My dear friend ended up having a miscarriage, and my heart absolutely broke for her. My cousin's wife, on the other hand, has been incessantly posting on FB about her pregnancy, and I have had to block her from my newsfeed.  I am still excited for her, but I really couldn't handle hearing about her baby's "kicks" when she was about 6 weeks pregnant.   
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    Half of my playgroup is pregnant. Pregnant and due after us. Our due date is June 8. One mama is due a week later. One due mid July. Two due early August. One due September. And one due November. Yipes! Playgroup is growing FAST!

And while I would love to be center of attention I am pretty excited to have friends for baby close in age!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My dh's brother and his wife were just in town for my shower and they told me they just found out she's pregnant really early. 5 weeks and I couldn't be happier for them and for the fact that our kids would be only 6 and half months apart!
    I was the last one of my friends to get pregnant, and I wish I had someone to be pregnant with!
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageemolm:
    imagekkmlafferty:
    It bothered me just a little bit that my cousin just recently announced her pregnancy. She is about 4 months along but it really only bothered me because she did the same exact thing my first pregnancy. Strange coincidence

She totally did it to steal your limelight.

That would be why I said it bothered me for a minute then I realized it was just a strange cooincidence that the exact same thing happened both times.
  • Options
    My sister is 8 weeks behind me. It was an accident but her and her husband are way happy now. This will be their 3rd girl. It think it is awesome because now we will have girls the same age.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"