1st Trimester

Twins anyone?

I'm just curious if anyone here found out they are carrying twins? If so, did you have any certain symptoms that may have pointed to twins? I have no idea if I am carrying twins or not as my first appt at 9 weeks is May 30, but I was just curious. My dad is a twin and therefore my grandmother had the hyperovulation "twining gene" and could have passed it down to me. Everyone in my family jokes about me having twins and I would feel blessed either way. Just looking for some fun conversation today!

Re: Twins anyone?

• I'm having twins. We were trying and I had an intuition we would conceive twins. I didn't put too much thought into it, but at 9 and 10 dpo [I was charting my temp and using OPKs so I knew when I ovulated] I had very strong positives. I continued testing every other day until AF was due and the test line was darker than the control line by 14dpo. This did make me wonder but I still dismissed it. I had some pain on my left side at 16 dpo or 4 weeks 2 days. They did a scan and didn't see much of anything and also checked my hcg levels. At 16dpo my hcg level was 1,825. 4 days later it was 7,255. Then I really started questioning if it was twins. I had another ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and there they were! Didi twins.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • :) it's entirely possible, guess you'll find out in one month ;)
    God gave me a double portion for my inheritance with my little Mighty men :) 9/19/10 Baby A born at 1:47 am 6lbs 14oz, 20.5inches long. Baby B born at 3:20 am 6lbs 6oz, 19.5inches long. My double blessing!:)
  • Loading the player...
  • There probably is no way to tell without the u/s.  My story is really the exact opposite of PP.  I tested at 10dpo and it was VERY faint - and was very faint at 11 & 12dpo too.  Hcg was tested at 12dpo and was told my numbers were "low" - hcg was done two days later (results in siggy) and while they tripled, they are nowhere as impressive as PPs!! We went through infertility, so there was always a chance, but the doctor had told us there was a 5-8% chance of twins (I had one mature follicle at the check and 2 that were "a bit small") and only a 10% chance of conceiving.  So for me, I was just happy we were pregnant!  I've had very little m/s - the only thing that has really gotten me is fatigue.  So, I think, like any pregnancy, there can be such a huge variation from pregnancy to pregnancy.  
    Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Gsk4874Gsk4874 member
    I'm pregnant with twins. I'm a little over 10 weeks, we just found out it was twins last Friday. I never thought we would have twins, neither of us have twins in the family. We did joke about how my positive pregnant tests beame positive each time within seconds and we said "maybe it's twins" obviously not thinking at all it was but my hcg levels were probably higher than singleton pregnancies. Good luck!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"