November 2013 Moms
Options

advice please

So I am a nanny for a one year old. I go to his house everyday to take care of him while his mom is at work. I stayed home today because of a serious migraine and nonstop MS, and she stayed home as well because she is really sick.

She said she cant keep anything down/weak/fever, etc.. She will probably stay home tomorrow too.

My questions are : Should I go over there tomorrow to take care of him while she is there? I feel like this is a no brainer, but worried I am being irrational about it cause of my hormones. Am I TOO worried about getting sick, should I suck it up and go to work? 

I get the impression that she is a little pissed she has to take care of her own son while she is sick, so I'm feeling guilty because of it. But I'm worried that with my weakened immune system that I would get sick too and it might harm the baby. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: advice please

• Options
    U should worry about urself. She didnt ask u to watch him? I would stay home and take care of u. Plus wouldn't risk getting sick
  • Options
    Take care of yourself and your baby and stay home. It's great she has you to watch her son when she's well but what about the mom's that don't have that? They have to take care of their kids and can't take sick days...not trying to sound insensitive...just sayin!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would stay home. And I would take a can of Lysol with me when I went back and wipe down common areas to help keep you from getting sick.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Do what you feel is best. I would personally stay home and take an extra day to get better yourself. Hopefully she gets better soon too and doesn't pass it to her son. I wouldn't worry about her being pissed either, she will get over it!
  • Options

I would hope the mother would be more understanding... she was just pregnant. She should remember.

I nannied for a little girl when I was pregnant with my first. Anytime there was a possibility she was sick, the mom told me and said not to come in. She was very caring. I really appreciated it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thanks ladies :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would stay home.  I'm sure that if she needs, she knows friends and family members nearby that can take her LO for a while so she can rest.  If you get sick, that's even more time that you'll have to miss and won't be able to take care of her son.  
  • Options
    Chances are high that you've already been exposed to whatever bug your boss has. I would go back to work if I were feeling better myself and just steer clear of direct contact with her.
  • Options
    I'm a nanny too and actually I'd go to work! Of you are feeling ok and you take normal precautions like hand washing you'll be fine. Pregnant people get sick sometimes. If you have a healthy normal pregnancy just go, maybe take the kid out for the day, or if you're really concerned get a mask.

Hopefully she just sounded annoyed b/c she wasn't feeling well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"