Health & Exercise
Options

InStep Safari Swivel Jogger

Does anyone have opinions if this is a good jogging stroller or not? The most I would be running at a time is 5k, if that makes a difference on wear/tear or durability. It is perfect for our budget (cheap), but the reviews are so-so on Amazon. Just wondering if anyone here had it and liked it or hated it. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: InStep Safari Swivel Jogger

• Options
    I'm not familiar with it, but does the front wheel have the option to lock so it won't swivel? If not I wouldn't even consider it. You want to have the front wheel locked while running.
  • Options
    I think they have a model that comes with it already locked. I had no idea that you wanted the front wheel to lock, I was thinking it should be able to swivel. Thank you for the heads up!. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it and wasn't a big fan. If you are running I would really recommend you buy a higher end brand used rather than a new cheaper brand. I was resistant to spending the money, but eventually sold it and bought a BOB. It was like night and day and I would say it's the best splurge I made on any baby item. I don't even run that much but we take it on trails, beaches, camping etc. The tires on the Safari were always going flat and it wasn't a comfy ride. I thought my kid just hated the stroller until I bought the BOB and he would sleep for hours in that thing. The Safari just had a lot of little problems that were inconvenient and added up to a hassle. I bet you can get an older BOB or Phil and Ted's on craiglist for $150-$250. 
  • Options
    A swivel front wheel is handy when just going for walks (although I have the BOB Ironman which has a fixed front wheel and find it easy enough). But when running the front wheel should be locked. Otherwise the stroller could become unstable, and if it hit a rock or crack in the sidewalk/road it could veer to one side and tip.
  • Options

image2-Step:
    I had it and wasn't a big fan. If you are running I would really recommend you buy a higher end brand used rather than a new cheaper brand. I was resistant to spending the money, but eventually sold it and bought a BOB. It was like night and day and I would say it's the best splurge I made on any baby item. I don't even run that much but we take it on trails, beaches, camping etc. The tires on the Safari were always going flat and it wasn't a comfy ride. I thought my kid just hated the stroller until I bought the BOB and he would sleep for hours in that thing. The Safari just had a lot of little problems that were inconvenient and added up to a hassle. I bet you can get an older BOB or Phil and Ted's on craiglist for $150-$250. 

I live in an area where the closest *active* CL is in the next state over, so unfortunately that will not help. I appreciate the suggestion though :)

I looked up about the fixed wheel after it was mentioned, thank you! I was completely backwards on what you were supposed to use for jogging. I will keep my eyes open for a different jogger.

Thanks ladies! 

• Options

I hate using the lock wheel while running. Its to hard to control otherwise. 

• Options
    imageSuperciliousness:

image2-Step:

I live in an area where the closest *active* CL is in the next state over, so unfortunately that will not help. I appreciate the suggestion though :)

I looked up about the fixed wheel after it was mentioned, thank you! I was completely backwards on what you were supposed to use for jogging. I will keep my eyes open for a different jogger.

Thanks ladies! 

Try ebay...I got mine new on ebay for $150 less than what I saw in stores. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"