Parenting
Options

tuesday confession

I watch two episodes of M.A.S.H every weekday. I love the history channel. 
        image image  image 
To be loved, and to be in love

Re: tuesday confession

• Options

I'll add

I think I'm coming down with something and my tolerance and energy levels have plummeted.  I have no desire to parent today so I've left the kids to their own devices in the back yard or have plopped them in front of Doc McStuffins

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

M.A.S.H. is great.

My confession? We may very well be getting to buy DH's grandparents' house. The only reason I am saying yes to it is because DH grew up there, so it means a lot to him. I hate the house itself, and it wouldn't be anywhere near my choice of house to buy.

you are in my husband's shoes, and I am in your husband's. 
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Another MASH lover here.

I'm not crazy about LO's name, but DH loves it. I know I'll get used to it, but....

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    imagewatermelon mom:
    Another MASH lover here.

I'm not crazy about LO's name, but DH loves it. I know I'll get used to it, but....

This was me with DS2s name. I have a nickname for him I love so I just call him that. I never refer to him by his given name.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options
    My confession? I got an email that the bras I ordered arrived, so I ran home and put one on at lunch.

So far two coworkers have asked if I was wearing this shirt this morning and told me I looked nice. The girls look awesome in a good bra!

image image
  • Options
    I could never watch MASH because it looks dirty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageseahorse102410:

Like dirt dirty, or sexy dirty?

image image
  • Options
    I hate being in weddings. Hate it. I'm in number 9 in June and can't wait til its over. I adore the bride, but the planning when you only have one person helping is awful. I have a family to worry about. Not getting 30 people on board for a bachelorette party. Grrrrr

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    Here's mine: I watch MASH all the time and think that a younger Alan Alda was pretty hot. Now he looks like shiit as he's like 80 years old. So there's that...
  • Options
    imageMiaMyPuggle:
    I hate being in weddings. Hate it. I'm in number 9 in June and can't wait til its over. I adore the bride, but the planning when you only have one person helping is awful. I have a family to worry about. Not getting 30 people on board for a bachelorette party. Grrrrr

I dread the day I get asked to be a bridesmaid/maid of honor. It's expensive, time consuming, and stressful.
  • Options
    imageMooOink:
    imageMiaMyPuggle:

I dread the day I get asked to be a bridesmaid/maid of honor. It's expensive, time consuming, and stressful.

You can say no when askedz

image image
  • Options

imageseahorse102410:

That's awesome. We almost named our dog Radar but I didn't think it worked for a female. Did you know that Big Bird's teddy bear's name is Radar? (he always had his teddy bear on the show)

I too love MASH but growing up my Dad couldn't stand it.  He was a Korea war vet, didn't talk too much about the war but the show obviously wasn't a very accurate portrayal so he didn't really see the entertainment value in it.  DH frequently works MASH quotes or scenarios into daily conversation.

My confession is that I walked laps outside at lunch and now have sweat marks on my pits and underboob.  Classy.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    imageHolls2011:

imageRondackHiker:
    imageMooOink:
    imageMiaMyPuggle:

I just was asked last night for the first time.  I don't know what it entails, but I happily accepted.  Clearly, I am naïve. 

I've always enjoyed being in weddings. I've never had a demanding bride, but it's always been fun to dress up and hang with friends.

image image
  • Options

imagewatermelon mom:
    Another MASH lover here. I'm not crazy about LO's name, but DH loves it. I know I'll get used to it, but....

I hate the name of my youngest. Like loathe it. We argued and argued about the name but after not sleeping for 48 hours after giving birth I gave in.

I call him baby or little one, but never his name. Clearly I need to grow up and suck it up because it's not that bad of a name but I hate it. Blerg. 

• Options
    I have never been in a wedding. I don't think I will ever be. That's ok with me. I loathe weddings. I really do.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagewatermelon mom:

I was not crazy about DDs name, but it was the only thing DH and I could even semi agree on. But now I'm glad we choose what we did, it just kinda goes good on her haha.
  • Options
    imageHolls2011:

imageRondackHiker:
    imageMooOink:
    imageMiaMyPuggle:

I just was asked last night for the first time.  I don't know what it entails, but I happily accepted.  Clearly, I am na?ve. 

Haha, I think it totally depends on your friend. I've yet to be in a wedding that I regretted being in. Maybe it's because I didn't live in the same town as any of them when they got married or wasn't the maid of honor?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options

imageNita2603:
    I have never been in a wedding. I don't think I will ever be. That's ok with me. I loathe weddings. I really do.

I'm in my sisters wedding 8 weeks from today.

• Options
    imageshannond354:

imagewatermelon mom:
    Another MASH lover here. I'm not crazy about LO's name, but DH loves it. I know I'll get used to it, but....

I hate the name of my youngest. Like loathe it. We argued and argued about the name but after not sleeping for 48 hours after giving birth I gave in.

I call him baby or little one, but never his name. Clearly I need to grow up and suck it up because it's not that bad of a name but I hate it. Blerg. 

I mean, at this point, yes you have to move on since it's his name, but I'm sorry that sucks.

I can't imagine why one of you loathing a name wasn't an automatic veto during name discussion though. That doesn't seem fair at all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    On Sunday i watched friends episodes all day long!
  • Options
    I've never watched MASH.

I may or may not have just eaten almost an entire box of Kraft MacNCheese by myself. ::oinkmoo::
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    I've been in 5 weddings as a bridesmaid. DH has been a groomsmen more than 5 times. I sure as shiit hope we're done with playing those roles.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    I brought 6 lactation cookies to work and I have already eaten two.

The rest will be gone by 5, guarantee it.
  • Options
    I want to know how MASH is dirty.

image image
  • Options
    imageLittle Jerry:
    imageshannond354:

imagewatermelon mom:

My 

I mean, at this point, yes you have to move on since it's his name, but I'm sorry that sucks.

I can't imagine why one of you loathing a name wasn't an automatic veto during name discussion though. That doesn't seem fair at all.

I agree wholeheartedly but my husband is pretty stubborn and it's a name that means a lot to him, so I gave in.

It's one of those names that requires careful enunciation and repetition. It's a common name in the UK but not at all common here. 

I'll get over it eventually! 

• Options

imagefredalina:
    I ate Mac and cheese with my fingers. Noodles fockers gave me no silverware with my takeout. Thankfully they gave me 4 napkins. WTF?

there is no shame in that, but I am mad at Noodles on your behalf.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    Today is the closest I ever came to quitting my job. I bit my tongue and I'm feeling less mad about it, but I'm still plotting ways to get back at "the man" later this week by slacking off (more than I normally do).
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options

I signed up at the gym a few weeks ago.  My kid will not stay in the gym daycare.  I've gone 2 whole times and that was only because someone else was watching him.  I'm not renewing for the month of May. 

I plan to get a DVD and try to exercise at home.

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Well since we have a name theme going...I regret DD1's names. All of them. I had her name all picked out, then her dad fell in love with another name and I agreed to give her that as her first name. I was supposed to pick between the two names I'd previously chosen for her middle name but couldn't decide...so I hyphenated them. Which looking back was stupid. I also regret giving her her dad's last name. I really wish I'd given her mine. Especially since we now have 3 different last names (mine, DD1's, then DH & DD2's) in our household.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• Options

imagembenit4:
    imageLuckyDad:
    Today is the closest I ever came to quitting my job. I bit my tongue and I'm feeling less mad about it, but I'm still plotting ways to get back at "the man" later this week by slacking off (more than I normally do).
    I was at that place 2 weeks ago.

The truth is, I'm at the point where I really need to move on. I'm frustrated because I know if I can find another job willing to make me an offer, there is a 90% chance my current company will match it. But I also know my current company won't match it unless I have an offer. It feels very messed up. I like my supervisor, but I'm frustrated she's not the type to really fight tooth and nail for promotions for her people. She's a very pleasant person which is great in terms of the way she manages, but not so good when it comes to her battling for resources. 

• Options

imageRondackHiker:
    imageseahorse102410:

Like gritty.  Which it was I assume.  I am weird.

• Options

imageLuckyDad:

Yay, we're going to get good recaps this week! 

Sorry about your sucky job situation though. 

• Options
    imageseahorse102410:

imageRondackHiker:
    imageseahorse102410:

Like gritty.&nbsp; Which it was I assume.&nbsp; I am weird.

You should watch it. It is about war, so there are some dark moments and dark humor. But it's amazing and funny and there are wonderful characters.

image image
  • Options
    imageLibby1978:

I signed up at the gym a few weeks ago.  My kid will not stay in the gym daycare.  I've gone 2 whole times and that was only because someone else was watching him.  I'm not renewing for the month of May. 

That's what's holding me back from joining a gym (well, that and I can't afford $45/month + daycare fees though I'd make it work if I was really motivated). DS still sometimes doesn't like going to the church nursery and he's been going there for 2 years now. I don't think he'd handle the gym one well, though who knows.

A couple weeks ago Robin recommended Jackie Warner DVDs and I bought a couple - they're good 30 minute workouts. And the Jillian ones are pretty good.

• Options
    imageMrsGoodkat:
    imageLibby1978:

That's what's holding me back from joining a gym (well, that and I can't afford $45/month + daycare fees though I'd make it work if I was really motivated). DS still sometimes doesn't like going to the church nursery and he's been going there for 2 years now. I don't think he'd handle the gym one well, though who knows.

A couple weeks ago Robin recommended Jackie Warner DVDs and I bought a couple - they're good 30 minute workouts. And the Jillian ones are pretty good.

I didn't step foot in my gym for six months.  It's $10/month and I figured it was cheaper to pay it than pay the sign up fees for (if) when I get motivated.  I do like the Jackie Warner and Jillian dvds - the only problem is that they don't come in my room and pour a bucket of water on me at 5 AM to get my butt out of bed and actually do the workout.  So, I'm still fat and it's my own darn fault.

*Siggy Warning*

• Options
    imageRondackHiker:
    imageseahorse102410:

imageRondackHiker:
    imageseahorse102410:

Like gritty.  Which it was I assume.  I am weird.

You should watch it. It is about war, so there are some dark moments and dark humor. But it's amazing and funny and there are wonderful characters.

But even the music at the beginning of the show upsets me.  I just can't.  Another one that's like this for me is Andy Griffith.  Can't watch it.  Too dirty.

• Options
    imageseahorse102410:

But even the music at the beginning of the show upsets me.  I just can't.  Another one that's like this for me is Andy Griffith.  Can't watch it.  Too dirty.

So, you like, literally can't stand the sight of dust or something? 

• Options
    imageBearfootz:

I didn't step foot in my gym for six months.  It's $10/month and I figured it was cheaper to pay it than pay the sign up fees for (if) when I get motivated.  I do like the Jackie Warner and Jillian dvds - the only problem is that they don't come in my room and pour a bucket of water on me at 5 AM to get my butt out of bed and actually do the workout.  So, I'm still fat and it's my own darn fault.

Haha word. It's really hard for me when DS doesn't nap because otherwise I never really get a chance since by the time he goes to bed I just want to sit on my butt and veg. At least now that it's warm enough we can go for a walk so I get something in. I do like that Jackie Warner's that has 15-minute workout options. It's better than nothing.

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageseahorse102410:

So, you like, literally can't stand the sight of dust or something? 

I don't know why dirty is the word I use it just is.  Is gritty better?  Everything is fuzzy and depressing looking.

• Options
    imageseahorse102410:
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageseahorse102410:

But even the music at the beginning of the show upsets me.&nbsp; I just can't.&nbsp; Another one that's like this for me is Andy Griffith.&nbsp; Can't watch it.&nbsp; Too dirty.

So, you like, literally can't stand the sight of dust or something?&nbsp;

I don't know why dirty is the word I use it just is.&nbsp; Is gritty better?&nbsp; Everything is fuzzy and depressing looking.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"