Trouble TTC
Options

Advocacy Question

I know NIAW is over now, but I was curious if any of you have done any sort of IF advocacy locally or nationally?  I have been looking at Resolves Project PROTECT lately and I am thinking I want to get involved in some way.  I just wanted to hear personal experiences with advocacy like what are little things you do and what are the biggest things you have done?  Also, how did you start getting involved?

My Chart My Blog

After almost 2 years of TTC and fertility treatments we got a surprise BFP in May 2013
1/14/14 Baby Boy!! 
TTC for #2 October 2015

Re: Advocacy Question

• Options
    I haven't, but I would definitely be interested too - I am glad you mentioned this. I have done advocacy work as a part of my career, so I enjoy it, and I think that working on IF advocacy would be really meaningful personally.  I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has been involved. Smile

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options

I have not personally, but BrooklynPaisley (one of our former 3T'ers who stops in now and then) got involved in the Walk of Hope in her area and was the second biggest fund raiser for that walk.  The money she raised is going to increase the number of support groups in Arizona.  

You could go on Resolve's page and see if there is a resolve group in your area, and go to a support meeting.  If they do not have a walk planned in your area, maybe you could encourage that group to organize a walk or other charity fund raising idea.   

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekatib77:

I have not personally, but BrooklynPaisley (one of our former 3T'ers who stops in now and then) got involved in the Walk of Hope in her area and was the second biggest fund raiser for that walk.  The money she raised is going to increase the number of support groups in Arizona.  

You could go on Resolve's page and see if there is a resolve group in your area, and go to a support meeting.  If they do not have a walk planned in your area, maybe you could encourage that group to organize a walk or other charity fund raising idea.   

That is a great idea!  I actually contacted my local group and plan on going to the meeting in June.  I know the leader of my group is going to the Resolve Advocacy Day in D.C. next week so maybe she will get some great ideas to share with us when she gets back. 

My Chart My Blog

After almost 2 years of TTC and fertility treatments we got a surprise BFP in May 2013
    1/14/14 Baby Boy!! 
    TTC for #2 October 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"