Natural Birth
Options

Breech w/GD

This is my second baby. I am 33 wks and last week, I found out that my baby is breech she was at the 20 wk ultrasound and I have gestational diabetes. It's pretty mild GD and I have done a good job of keeping my levels low. Most are in the 90s and I've only made a huge jump to the low 120s twice. Anyway, I was so overwhelmed with the news I didn't ask many questions about my options. I'm going to an OB. I didn't go natural with my first but this time it was my goal. I don't have a midwife nearby to switch to if I get pushed towards a Csection due to hospital policy nearest one is over 2.5 hrs away. I wanted to find out if anyone else went through something similar or has more knowledge on breech AND gestational diabetes so I know what to ask, etc. at my next appointment. Sorry this is so long and thanks in advance. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed and frustrated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Breech w/GD

• Options
    AmyRIAmyRI member

When you say you found out she was breech, it was verified she was still breech yesterday, or you were just told that she was breech at 20 weeks? If it was just at 20 weeks, it really has no bearing on her position right now. If she's breech now, begin exerices from spinningbabies.com to try to get her to flip, consider seeing a Webster certified chirpractor (https://icpa4kids.org/Find-a-Chiropractor/), and accupuncture.

As far as GD, I don't have experience with it, but I know it can lead to many OBs and midwives encouraging induction because babies grow too quickly. There can be risk to waiting to deliver. You can still go pain-med free even with an induction (if that's your definition of natural), but the chances of induction are certainly higher for you.

I would say that if baby stays breech, an OB might be less likely to let you try for a vaginal delivery because of the GD as it might increase the risk of baby getting stuck, so I'd try to focus on getting her to flip.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Options
    An acupuncturist can show you how to do moxibustion (not needles) to turn a breech. It's non invasive and harmless if it doesn't work...most likely to work if you start ~ 34 weeks...so I wouldn't wait long to give it a go. Also some babies are breech for a good reason...I would ask doc if there's any reason the baby may be breech that they can detect.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

www.spinningbabies.com 

Go there. Now. Do the couch technique and the ironing board technique every night for a week. 

My babe was breech at 36 weeks, not breech and head engaged at 37 weeks. It works. ;o)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"