Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping Q

I pumped early this morning and just stuck the bottles and pump parts and everything in the fridge. If I want to pump again now a few hours later, can I just pump into those same bottles that are already half full of milk? Or do I need to get out fresh ones? I am EBF right now and just building up a stash for going back to work, so each pumping session doesn't produce more than a couple ounces.

Re: Pumping Q

• Options

WEll the "rules" and most people will tell you not to pump directly into the bottles.  YOu can combine the morning pump into one bottle and then re use the empty bottle and a new bottle.

However.. I do it.  We just had a thread on this and I was the only one that admitted to it - and some are more careful then others.  but the rules are not to combine milk that isn't at the same temp - so thus pumping warm milk into a cold bottle would be a no go. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    imageopaque1997:
    WEll the "rules" and most people will tell you not to pump directly into the bottles. nbsp;YOu can combine the morning pump into one bottle and then re use the empty bottle and a new bottle.However.. I do it. nbsp;We just had a thread on this and I was the only one that admitted to it and some are more careful then others. nbsp;but the rules are not to combine milk that isn't at the same temp so thus pumping warm milk into a cold bottle would be a no go.nbsp;

I do it too on a regular basis and never knew it was a no no. LO has never gotten sick from it. But I guess it's a personal decision.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMaebb:
    imageopaque1997:
    WEll the "rules" and most people will tell you not to pump directly into the bottles. nbsp;YOu can combine the morning pump into one bottle and then re use the empty bottle and a new bottle.However.. I do it. nbsp;We just had a thread on this and I was the only one that admitted to it and some are more careful then others. nbsp;but the rules are not to combine milk that isn't at the same temp so thus pumping warm milk into a cold bottle would be a no go.nbsp;
    I do it too on a regular basis and never knew it was a no no. LO has never gotten sick from it. But I guess it's a personal decision.
    this
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageopaque1997:

You can combine the morning pump into one bottle and then re use the empty bottle and a new bottle.

This is what I did with my children, so I would essentially have 3 bottles going (1 cold and 2 to pump into).  Once the 2 that I pumped into were cold, then I'd combine them with the previously pumped milk (if in the same day).  

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    If rather be safe than sorry. I've read not to pump fresh milk into cold milk. Don't freeze warm milk, let it cool in the fridge first ect.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"