September 2011 Moms

Tips and Tricks

Whatcha got?

Feel free to give me any moving tips!  I think we have everything covered, but I'd love to hear any ideas :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tips and Tricks

• My moving tip is to use different color tape on boxes for each room they will go to.  Eg, blue for kitchen, yellow for master bedroom, red for living room, green for spare bedroom, purple for nursery.  If you don't have time to get colored tape, different color markers written on the box helps. 
    imageimage
  • I fold up a paper towel to put on top of a bowl of washed lettuce in the fridge. keeps it fresher much longer! Sometimes I switch out the paper towel after a day if I haven't used it yet. So it on pinterest
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAmelia4:
    My moving tip is to use different color tape on boxes for each room they will go to.  Eg, blue for kitchen, yellow for master bedroom, red for living room, green for spare bedroom, purple for nursery.  If you don't have time to get colored tape, different color markers written on the box helps. 

Did it :)  Definitely a good one - it's going to be so much easier to know where everything goes.  I made colored labels (green - kitchen, red - office, etc) and then added "home" and "storage" as separate labels so we know what goes where.  Thanks!

• That tape idea is genius. I'll be using that if we have to pack ourselves this next move.

My moving tip is to ruthlessly purge while you pack. It makes unpacking go faster since you aren't sorting though a bunch of junk.

I cut a piece off of a pool noodle and then sliced it open length wise. I put it on G's door so she can't shut it all the way. It cuts down on the "shut myself in my room and whine until momma opens the door...over and over".

• Ok, this is an activity, but looks like it would be easy and fun!

DIY splash pad.  A plastic paint tarp, a sprinkler, and baby soap.  Cheap, too!

https://sisterseesisterdo.blogspot.com/2012/06/busy-kids-week-day-1-splash-pad.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"