Food Allergy

Avoiding allergens while pregnant?

My DD is allergic to dairy, egg, mango, peanuts and tree nuts.  Her allergist told me I didn't need to avoid any of these while pegnant with my scond baby.  I haven't seen my OB yet (i'm only 6 weeks pregnant or so).

What have you been told? 

Re: Avoiding allergens while pregnant?

• I asked DD's allergist about this when I was newly pregnant with this baby.  He said the latest research shows that there isn't really anything you can do to prevent and don't go out of your way to avoid the foods.  But previous research did say that it could affect. 

I just wouldn't go overboard on any of those foods. 

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• LSU628LSU628 member
    DD had a milk protein allergy, so the allergist recommended I go dairy free for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy to get it out of my system in case DS also had issues.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD has egg, milk, peanut and cashew. I asked this same question to my OB, pedi, and allergist. They all basically said "everything in moderation". I ate the exact same way with my 2nd pregnancy. He's 9.5 mos now and so far nothing. But he hasn't had egg or nuts yet. I don't believe it has anything to do with what we eat. Congrats too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't ask my OB yet, but I've been avoiding all nuts and nut products.  Usually, when I go somewhere without DS (like to the movies with DH), I'll get something like Reese pieces to enjoy while I watch the movie since we don't keep that stuff in our home, but I haven't really even had a craving for it.  We replaced peanut butter with sun butter a long time ago, and honestly, I love it.  I eat the sun butter crunch bars all the time, and I think it satisfies my peanut butter craving.  I'm interested to hear what your OB says when you go, though.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"