Infertility
Options

Pharmacy Issues! So annoying!

When I called the pharmacy last week, they said our total would only be $1100 for all our meds for IVF #1. I thought that was weird since we had been quoted $2500-4000 by my RE, and asked them to double check. They confirmed that it was only $1100. So I called my RE to make sure the pharmacy had the full order (thinking maybe we'd order more later?) and the nurse confirmed that she had sent them the full order. She told me to just be happy that it was so low and that insurance must be covering some of it.

Fast forward to this week. I called the pharmacy to pay them, they again said the total was $1100 and I gave them my credit card, boom, done, paid for, and the pharmacy said I should get all my meds tonight sometime. Or so I thought. I got a call late last night from the pharmacy saying that they had made a mistake, that my RE had actually ordered two 900 cartridges of Follistim that they hadn't seen before (???) and my new total was $2700!

I'm calling my RE today to check with them AGAIN to make sure this is right, but this is so frustrating!! $2700 is still less than the quoted $4000, I know that, but my BCP have made my face blow up with acne like a thirteen year old so I'm irritated anyway :) Vent over.

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pharmacy Issues! So annoying!

• Options

uhhh the frustration of IF. i know the feeling, maybe see if your re would want to do Gonal F. same thing, its a pen also - its less expensive for most insurances. but im glad you didnt have to pay 4000.... hopefully all this aggravation will end with a baby :)

Good luck to you hun.

TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • Options
    RoeniRoeni member
    My meds ended up being way more than was quoted...ugh.  I had to get 4 extra days of stim meds and that was pricey.  I hope the meds for FET won't be as crippling financially.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That sucks, but at least it sounds like you are on a very low dose if you are only going through 2 vials of Follistim!  I go through a vial every two days during stims!

I got screwed over by my 1st nurse during IVF 1.2 .  Since my first round was cancelled with only 1-2 follicles growing, I still had all of the post ER meds at home.  My second round of drugs ended up costing a lot and I thought it odd, but figured it was something with the way insurance/deductibles were being charged.  The box arrived and I received a FULL complete set of all drugs...and the pharmacy wouldn't let me return them!  (I'll see if I end up having to donate them to the OOP meds list if and when I won't need them at some point in the near future). Lesson learned: Never trust people to do their jobs right!  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagegolfrgal:

That sucks, but at least it sounds like you are on a very low dose if you are only going through 2 vials of Follistim!  I go through a vial every two days during stims!

I got screwed over by my 1st nurse during IVF 1.2 .  Since my first round was cancelled with only 1-2 follicles growing, I still had all of the post ER meds at home.  My second round of drugs ended up costing a lot and I thought it odd, but figured it was something with the way insurance/deductibles were being charged.  The box arrived and I received a FULL complete set of all drugs...and the pharmacy wouldn't let me return them!  (I'll see if I end up having to donate them to the OOP meds list if and when I won't need them at some point in the near future). Lesson learned: Never trust people to do their jobs right!  

Two things- 1. I had no idea it was a low dose as I don't really have anyone to compare notes with. I guess it's a good thing that it's low.. at least for my bank account?  and 2. I would be so mad if I had received the whole box like you did!!!!! You are so right that you cannot trust people to do their jobs. 

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"