Multiples

Small femur on one twin

I had my 24 week growth scan this morning for my di/di boy/girl twins. Our girl's femur is measuring short (baby B). There is an 18% differential in size as well although their estimated weights are normal. Our boy is an estimated 1lb 11ozs, just above average in normal range, and our girl is an estimated 1lb 6ozs, just below average but in normal range.  Due to the short femur of baby girl/b and the 18% difference my next scan will be a growth scan at the MFM clinic rather than my scheduled cervical check in 2 weeks. My OB says not to worry, she just wants to get the all clear from MFM.  

Has anyone else dealt with the short femur? I'm not quite as concerned about the size difference since they are di/di.  

Re: Small femur on one twin

• Our boys FLs and abdominal circs were in the first and second percentiles. But, DH and I are pretty petite, so it wasn't a huge shock to have short babies. I was on BR for IUGR after 34w. They were 16.5 and 17.25 inches at birth and have recently measured between the 10th and 25th percentiles for height at their adjusted age. They were born at 36w.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Thanks for sharing your story. I'm not sure what FL stands for.  I'm 5'6" and my husband is 6'2" so we aren't short.   But, my mom's side of the family does run on the shorter side. So, maybe that has something to do with it?  I'm not sure.  We will see how the scan goes in 2 weeks. Thanks again for sharing!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekellibelle0417:
    Thanks for sharing your story. I'm not sure what FL stands for.nbsp; I'm 5'6" and my husband is 6'2" so we aren't short.nbsp;nbsp; But, my mom's side of the family does run on the shorter side. So, maybe that has something to do with it?nbsp; I'm not sure.nbsp; We will see how the scan goes in 2 weeks. Thanks again for sharing!

Oh, I'm sorry. FL is for femur length. How were the other measurements? Our boys were diagnosed with IUGR, but I imagine they wouldn't have been if it was just their femur lengths that were so small.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• imageRuthie04:
    imagekellibelle0417:
    Thanks for sharing your story. I'm not sure what FL stands for.nbsp; I'm 5'6" and my husband is 6'2" so we aren't short.nbsp;nbsp; But, my mom's side of the family does run on the shorter side. So, maybe that has something to do with it?nbsp; I'm not sure.nbsp; We will see how the scan goes in 2 weeks. Thanks again for sharing!
    Oh, I'm sorry. FL is for femur length. How were the other measurements? Our boys were diagnosed with IUGR, but I imagine they wouldn't have been if it was just their femur lengths that were so small.

That's ok. That's what I was thinking it meant. :)  They didn't say anything about the other measurements.  And, I didn't think to ask about the percentiles of everything so I have no idea how short the femur is.  I'll be sure to ask more questions at my next appointment!

• I'm hoping its nothing as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"