February 2013 Moms
Options

Support

I know it's been done a million times but it's my turn lol I'm going back to work soon and when I think about it or someone brings it up I start crying and have major anxiety. For those who have gone back please reassure me it's going to be ok, it will get easier and my baby won't forget me. I'll get home at 6 and he's sleeping by 9.... How do I go from being with him all day to that pathetic amount of time??? It makes me sick to my stomach and sadly staying home isn't an option. Plus I want to see all his "firsts" FIRST...not anyone else, lol ahhhhhhh so depressing.
photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg

Re: Support

• Options

Going back will be okay!  I did it and didn't die, but I thought I would. :)  It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just make sure you keep really busy the first week back at work.  Tell your childcare provider not to tell you about milestones too.  My kid had all his "firsts" with me!!  Who knows how many times he rolled over or laughed or walked or pulled up or whatever before I actually saw it, but according to everyone, he did it first at home! :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagepitterpatter129:

Going back will be okay!  I did it and didn't die, but I thought I would. :)  It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just make sure you keep really busy the first week back at work.  Tell your childcare provider not to tell you about milestones too.  My kid had all his "firsts" with me!!  Who knows how many times he rolled over or laughed or walked or pulled up or whatever before I actually saw it, but according to everyone, he did it first at home! :)  

I think you might be a genius. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your baby won't forget you!! I went back to work three days a week when DD was six weeks old and it was just the opposite! It became clear just how attached she was! I always get a big smile from her when she sees me, and she's all about cuddling those nights. I think it made us both appreciate our time together even more. :

• Options
    Unless you swaddle to sleep. Then you need to know right away for safety reasons.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You can do it! It will suck...I remember with my first I would cry the ride to work and the entire ride home, and I told my husband I was quitting at least twice a week! Hormones are a big part of it, I think, and once I got thru the first few months back things got easier. I still have mommy guilt all the time, but my first is now 4 and I'm getting ready to back to work since having my second... And it's easier this time around since I know what to expect. (tears, tears, and more tears!)  ;) good luck and hang in there!!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"