Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Need a carseat rec- RF to Booster- what are my options?

This is our secondary car seat, for DH's car. DD#2 is happily RFing in a marathon in my car. I imagine once she out grows that, we'll purchase a frontier to match big sisters.

She's still in her infant car seat in dh's car. Within the limits, but barely. She's also a peanut so I need a convertible car seat bc I imagine she'll be RFing for another year.

I want to buy one last car seat... one that can be her high back booster when she's ready for it. I'm looking at the Diono Radian R100.... I'm having a hard time figuring out what all my options are. What other car seats go from RF to high back boosters?

Many thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need a carseat rec- RF to Booster- what are my options?

• Options
    Now I'm eyeing the Diono R120 but am not totally sold. Seems like a solid car seat, but is super heavy and not easy to install (according to reviews.) That's not great as we sometimes move seats around.... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelaurenmatt:
    Now I'm eyeing the Diono R120 but am not totally sold. Seems like a solid car seat, but is super heavy and not easy to install according to reviews. That's not great as we sometimes move seats around....nbsp;

We just bought a 120 on Amazon yesterday. It hasn't arrived yet but I did go to a local baby boutique to check it out in person. I worried about the same thing since we move he car seat from car to car at least three times a week. I was expecting it to be like 100 pounds based on all of the reviews people leave about how heavy it is but honestly it was not that bad. I wouldn't want to lug it around the airport for a day but for going from car to car it was honestly not that heavy. I easily lifted it and I'm a weakling. It also installed super easy with my seat belt. I got a great install within minutes. I didn't try it with Latch but I bet it's not too much different. From the moment I put LO in it I was in love and ordered it that night!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Skip the notion of three in one. None work well or safely as a booster. The Radian as a convertible is a great seat, but booster mode is outgrown at the same time as harness mode (the guides are not height adjustable). And it has a 50lb minimum. I have two Radians, and my 5 year old had outgrown it height wise ff and is 43lbs. 

Car Seats for the Littles is an amazing group, ask to be added and the techs will be happy to help. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"