2nd Trimester
Options

Oil Cleansing Method

Has anyone tried this and if so, how did you like it?  My skin has always given me trouble and now there are products that I am unable to use so that's causing a lot of breakouts that I can't seem to manage.  I have searched different websites and looked up different products and oils that can be used, just wanted to see if anyone had any personal experiences or recommendations they'd like to share.  Thanks!

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

• Options
    I tried the oil method with olive oil and castor oil and it worked really well. I actually prefer unrefined coconut oil. It's amazing and works wonders.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • Options

I've been doing it for years and love it!  I've used evoo+castor (i think it was 1 part castor to 4 parts EVOO) and it made my skin really clear and soft.  I'm lazy, though, and now use straight avocado oil and it still works quite well.

In the evening i use oil and then a hot washcloth to "steam" it off.  In the morning, just the washcloth.  It removes makeup (but i don't wear waterproof makeup) and moisturizes.  I love it! 

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've always had horrible skin and was willing to try anything. I tried it and found it was more work than I wanted to put into it (the one I did anyway).

I now just use a face wash from Lush and then coconut oil for toner/lotion and I've seen a huge change in my skin from using the coconut oil. I'm converted.

Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Options
    I did a mix of castor oil and canola oil in the past. I really liked how my skin looked. Then I got lazy, but I do recommend it. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    I did it and it worked well for me, but I had to stop because the smell of the oil has been making me sick
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oil cleansers are the best!! They help with breakouts and cystic acne. Laura Mercier is my favorite one.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use evoo and jojoba oil, with a couple of drops in the bottle of tea tree oil. It works really well for me.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    imageRunningGal900:
    I did it and it worked well for me, but I had to stop because the smell of the oil has been making me sick
    The oil could have gone rancid...
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options

I second the laziness, I have been using straight up almond oil where I used to mix oils. It still works amazingly well.

Try it, you will never look back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCDMay2006:
    imageRunningGal900:
    The oil could have gone rancid...

It was fine. It was just my morning sickness and aversions to things making me sick. I'm getting better, but a lot of things still make me nauseated at 18.5 weeks
  • Options
    I don't cleanse with oil, but I do use coconut oil as a moisturizer. It absorbs well into my skin and doesn't make it greasy.
  • Options
    I've been doing this for about 4 years and love it. I just use safflower oil and put it into a hand soap pump bottle in the shower. 
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options
    imagescamberlous3000:
    I tried the oil method with olive oil and castor oil and it worked really well. I actually prefer unrefined coconut oil. It's amazing and works wonders.

This. I started about 5 months ago and use coconut oil. I've seen such a huge change in my skin.
  • Options

I absolutely love the ocm! I use Kismet Cleansing Oil from The Mod Cabin.

https://themodcabin.com/product/alchemy-cleansing-oil/

It is for normal to oily complexions. They also have an Alchemy cleanser for normal to dry. But after awhile your skin should balance out regardless of which one you use. :) 

• Options
    I do - I use 3 parts castor oil and 1 part grape seed oil.  I mix large batches in another bottle, so it's just as easy to use as regular face wash.  I love it.
  • Options
    I use it and love in.   It's the only thing that got rid of the black heads on my nose.  I use 3 pa face with a hot washcloth.rts castor oil to 1 part olive oil.  I have also used almond and avocado oil.  The more oily your skin is, the more castor oil you should use.  If you have very dry skin don't use any.  I just massage it in, then steam my face with a hot wash cloth.  It's no more work than a regular face wash.  Also I don't need moisturizer. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"