October 2011 Moms

What are you getting your mom?

I don't think this was asked recently, but what are you getting your mom for mother's day? I cannot come up with anything. Last year we did footprint art with G for gifts. This year I ordered a cute cup for my MIL off of Etsy -- it's a wine glass and I had it personalized to say "Grammie's Sippy Cup" (sorta cheesy but she will love it). But I have no clue what to do for my mom and it seems like it will be too late to order anything personalized. What are you guys doing?

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What are you getting your mom?

• I am at a loss too. My grandparents just moved in with my parents, so I think whatever I do I will be doing for both my mother and grandmother, I am thinking about a gift certificate for the two of them to go out to brunch.
  • My mom has some old, damaged pictures of family members that have passed away. I'm getting them restored, printed, and framed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...

We made these, they didn't come out nearly as well, but oh well, the moms will love them.  We planted pansies in them a few weeks ago, they're just sprouting, so it won't be much at Mother's Day but they'll bloom this summer for them :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageAngLK987:

We made these, they didn't come out nearly as well, but oh well, the moms will love them.  We planted pansies in them a few weeks ago, they're just sprouting, so it won't be much at Mother's Day but they'll bloom this summer for them :)

Super cute! I'm framing pics of E for both moms and making nice floral arrangements. I can make $50 arrangements for about $10 if I go downtown and buy the flowers myself so that's what I'm doing. MIL is not big on gifts so that will be it for her, but my mom will get some candy and a small gift with hers. Not sure what yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAngLK987:
    We made these, they didn't come out nearly as well, but oh well, the moms will love them. nbsp;We planted pansies in them a few weeks ago, they're just sprouting, so it won't be much at Mother's Day but they'll bloom this summer for them :nbsp;

That is super cute!! I have no idea what to get my mom but it better be good! She does SO much for us and she takes such good care of P. DH's mom is getting a card and that's it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got my mom a waffle maker and malted waffle mix from Williams Sonoma.

She loves my waffle maker and is obsessed with chicken and waffles at the moment.  haha.

• Star Wars Angry Birds toys.  
  • We usually "do" something instead of gifts. This year I'm taking my mom to tea.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Us too, blu. 

My sisters and I are taking her out for dinner and mani/pedis next week, since I'll be in the hospital on actual Mothers' Day. 

• A garden sculpture for my mom and a tomato plant from the kids and MIl is getting more fiesta ware.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • We don't really talk to MIL and my mother is very difficult.  I got her flowers for her birthday last week, so I can't really do flowers again.  I will probably do some kind of craft with DD, but I know she won't really appreciate it unfortunately.

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

• We're doing a mini session with my photog friend-its my mom, my 2 sisters and Hadley and me-my mom is really excited!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got her one of those bird-nest necklaces that were on Momma's Bargains a month or so ago. I liked how I could actually choose to have 5 eggs (one for each of us kids) in the nest. She loved it! (Yes, I already gave it to her)

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • A Mennonite family runs a nursery down the road and they make these absolutely gorgeous hanging baskets loaded with flowers. They are huge and pretty inexpensive. I wanted to get my Mom one of those for Mother's day.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So boring but we get my mom the same thing every year - a Southwest gift card so she can visit DD.

DH's mom has no interests and more money than she knows what to do with, so we got her a framed photo of her with DD.

• I'm gestating her gift.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"