2nd Trimester
Options

Cephalexin

Anyone take this? My dr prescribed it for me about a month ago when I had sinus issues but I never took it. Now I have another worse sinus infection and I am feeling like I need to take something because I'm not getting any better... I feel like I have been sick this whole pregnancy!
BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Cephalexin

• Options

So serious question, if your doctor prescribes you a medication then why don't you take it? Its not like they give you meds for funsies. Especially with infections. I'm curious.

I wouldn't take a random med for the sinus infection you have now. I would talk to your doctor about getting a new prescription. Not all antibiotics are equal.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagePrimRoseMama:

So serious question, if your doctor prescribes you a medication then why don't you take it? Its not like they give you meds for funsies. Especially with infections. I'm curious.

This! If you had a sinus infection and you didn't take your antibiotics then you probably don't have a new sinus infection. You probably have a monster sinus infection that never went away. Antibiotics are prescribed for sinus infections for a reason.

I would suggest calling your doctor and fessing up to not taking the prescribed meds. They may say go ahead and take them now, but they may say you need something stronger now, or a different dosage.  And then take their advice. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    These ladies are exactly right!! I work at a pharmacy and we wouldn't fill a script for an antibiotic after that amount of time-you need to talk to the doctor. Sometimes what we think is the same thing isn't...or since it's been "growing" he might want to try something a little stronger. He needs to know it's still around. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options

I feel that all doctors have their own opinion on what is safe or right. My family dr prescribed the meds to me telling me that they were safe in pregnancy but I still needed to call my OB to verify that its ok to take them. When I called my OB who is not big on medication, he told me to wait one or two more days to see if I got any better before taking them. I did get better so I never took them. I called this time and let my dr know about my symtoms (I have had SEVERAL sinus infections and know when I get them) and asked about this prescription and he said that this was the one he would reccomend. Same story though I had to call my OB. This time however I am not getting any better so I was just looking for an opinion on the medication. Clearly my doctor feels that if I feel bad enough I should take them but if not I shouldn't.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, so if you've got your doctor's opinion then take the medication. Why in the world do you want to postpone relief to get opinions from Internet strangers? Were is the logic in this?

Take your drugs and feel better. Sinus infections are miserable.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"