Eco-Friendly Family

So I know there's a "green cleaning" blog or ten...

Can someone link the most helpful?  I was here last year asking and I've switched to a lot of green personal products but I just didn't fully implement the cleaners and now I can't remember what was suggested.  With another LO on the way I am really trying to rid my house of almost all the harsh chemicals.  I don't want to spend a ton on fancy brands, and I just want a basic line of go-to homemade or inexpensive cleaners for kitchen and bath (I'm good in the laundry department).  I use a decent amount of diluted vinegar already but I think my biggest concerns are germy bathrooms or cleaning counters etc. after they've been in contact with raw meat.

Any links or tips appreciated, TIA!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: So I know there's a "green cleaning" blog or ten...

• for counters, and even bathrooms, vinegar is naturally antibacterial, you can boost its power by using tea tree EO, lavender EO, making your own infused vinegar solution with sage leaves, or Grapefruit Seed Extract (the only brand I recommend is NutriBiotic as it doesn't contain all the toxins other brands do since its extraction is not a very natural process). HTH
  • The Ecoholic Home has great lists and reviews of green cleaners. I got it from the library. The author also has a blog though www.ecoholic.ca
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, and for disinfectants thyme oil is a hospital grade disinfectant. One of the major eco brands sells it in stores... I think nature clean.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not a blog persay but I found tons of green cleaning recipes on Pinterest. Just search green cleaning and you can find boards full of pins with inexpensive, DIY green cleaning ideas.  
  • www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners

That's how I discovered Ava Anderson! All rated the highest possible, thank goodness. My 6-year-old now cleans my bathrooms for us, because the bathroom/glass cleaners are technically edible! No hazard/warning labels whatsoever :)

Do you know what toxic chemicals are lurking in your current products? Check them at www.ewg.org. For fantastic skin, body, baby and home products WITHOUT hazardous chemicals, visit www.AvaAndersonMA.com
  • The EcoFriendly Family blog has some DIY cleaners and I also have found a lot of stuff on Pinterest. If I buy any from the store, I really like the Seventh Generation multip-purpose cleaner. I have the thyme and lemon scent and I buy it at WalMart or Target. I use it primarily in my kitchen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"