December 2010 Moms
Options

Aha moment

So I picked E up at daycare and she told me that all he's done all day is chat about his weekend and she proceeded to tell me everything we did this weekend even down to the green hair spikes (temporary of course) that we gave DS on Saturday.  My first thought was how awesome/cute it was that he could share these details with DC, but then I realized all of the potentially embaressing things he could be sharing with them! 

Up until now I've kind of forgotten that toddlers are sponges and repeat everything because E hasn't embaressed us yet, but I think that may change soon.  Anyone have any good toddler embaressment stories?

Re: Aha moment

• Options
    Jack has started pointing out 'boobies'. "Gramma, dese your boobies!!" ::sigh::
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    yeah, I had to pre-explain to J's teacher this morning in case he says a certain phrase.  My H got a new truck.  J is very excited about daddy's new truck.  He keeps telling people about it but instead of saying "daddy's big black truck" he says "black daddy's big truck"  (we're both white so when he told a cashier this weekend she totally gave me a weird look)  I think it's a lot funnier than H does...

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The "boobie" thing has struck us - yes. :/

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options

image--halo--:
    Jack has started pointing out 'boobies'. "Gramma, dese your boobies!!" ::sigh::

I have purposefully not used that word for this reason!  :)  even when I'm nursing he will ask or point and I'll say "mommy is helping Kayla eat" 

image   image

• Options
    imageEMOmamma:
    yeah, I had to preexplain to J's teacher this morning in case he says a certain phrase. nbsp;My H got a new truck. nbsp;J is very excited about daddy's new truck. nbsp;He keeps telling people about it but instead of saying "daddy's big black truck" he says "black daddy's big truck" nbsp;we're both white so when he told a cashier this weekend she totally gave me a weird look nbsp;I think it's a lot funnier than H does...

LOLOL omg, I nearly spit my soup out. :D
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options

image--halo--:
    imageEMOmamma:
    yeah, I had to preexplain to J's teacher this morning in case he says a certain phrase. nbsp;My H got a new truck. nbsp;J is very excited about daddy's new truck. nbsp;He keeps telling people about it but instead of saying "daddy's big black truck" he says "black daddy's big truck" nbsp;we're both white so when he told a cashier this weekend she totally gave me a weird look nbsp;I think it's a lot funnier than H does...
    LOLOL omg, I nearly spit my soup out. :D

Hahaha....that's amazing!!!

• Options

Griffs been doing the "boobies" thing for a while now.  It cracked DH and I up the first time he called DHs chest boobies lol.  Poor DH.

When Griff says "sock" it sounds like "***" so thats been embarrassing when he says "where is daddys sock?"

A few weeks ago Griff realized that farting is funny so now whenever someone farts he bursts out laughing and announces that you farted. Its been fine since we're at home but I'm just waiting for the day he says something in public about me farting (not that I toot in public anyways lol).

My cousin said one time her LO asked her why she has a mustache lol.  :/ 

ETA- I spelled that starred out work with a zero and it still got blocked.  I'm sure you can figure out what word it really is though lol. 

• Options
    T asked a stranger at Target why her baby was crying (that alone mortified me...). She just smiled and told him her baby was hungry. He told her in the most serious voice possible 'mama's boobies have baby food - want some?' I could feel my face instantly turn red, but the other woman and I cracked up laughing. She again answered so nicely with 'no thank you, my boobies have baby food too'. I realized right then that I will never be safe from his words again :/
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagedee12807:
    T asked a stranger at Target why her baby was crying (that alone mortified me...). She just smiled and told him her baby was hungry. He told her in the most serious voice possible 'mama's boobies have baby food - want some?' I could feel my face instantly turn red, but the other woman and I cracked up laughing. She again answered so nicely with 'no thank you, my boobies have baby food too'. I realized right then that I will never be safe from his words again :/

omg this is the best story I've read in here in a long time. Seriously an awesome story.

Like the PP, I haven't used the word "boobies" either. There's been times, especially when I was pg with DD & he'd be patting my belly, but then he'd press on my boobs & say, "baby" or whatever, and I'd just say, "no, that's just mommy!" lol

A few weeks ago, a girl in DS's class had lice, so I had to check DS's head when we got home. I explained to him that L had bugs in her hair, so I have to check your head for bugs, too. I could see he was getting a concerned look on his face, so I reassured him that she didn't have the bugs anymore b/c her mommy washed her hair, and that I didn't find any bugs in his hair, so everyone's good now.

Well like 2 weeks later, when I picked him up, he randomly blurted out that L had bugs in her hair, but there's no more bugs b/c her mommy washed them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagedee12807:

That's hilarious. And what a friendly, understanding stranger!

• Options
    imageken&kendra:

imagedee12807:

That's what I was thinking!
  • Options
    imageken&kendra:

imagedee12807:

• Options
    Haha these are all great ones!  Apparently C has a hard time saying "sticks" and it comes out as "dicks" so that one is always fun.  But my personal favorite is that since i'm pregnant I have to wear a pantyliner for when I accidentally pee myself and so every time I go to the bathroom C will come in with me, go under the sink, and hand me a new pad.  Now she tries to do this with DH...he's not amused lol. 
    photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekeags5496:
    imageken&kendra:

imagedee12807:

I normally don't get flustered at things like that, but I just wanted to run away. I'm so thankful she was nice about it...
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"