October 2012 Moms
Options

Unexpected Body Changes

So, as my belly grew with baby, I was one of those people who faced a disappearing belly-button.  It just flattened into nothing.  And the well of what was my belly button stretching out like that caused some darkening and skin discoloration, which I thought was permanent until it recently started flaking off. 

What the hell...

I was prepared for stretch marks, hemorrhoids (to a certain extent), and hair falling out...but my body keeps surprising me with weird leftovers of pregnancy.

What are some of the weirdest, most unexpected, and unique ways your body has changed post-partum?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Unexpected Body Changes

• Options

My belly button did that too!

I lost half of my toe nails on each of my big toes.  My second toe overlaps the big toe when I walk and with the extra weight/fluid from pregnancy it was too much pressure.  It's slowly growing back, but only about halfway there. 

• Options
    My nips look like bullseyes, from when they got darker, but the dark part wore off in the middle from nursing.

Also still sporting a now zigzag looking linea negra.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Now I'm scared my belly button is going to do the same thing.  I had the same flatness and coloring.. hmmm.

My big one is peeing myself.  I didn't have that issue at all during pregnancy and even in the first 4-5 months after delivery.  But now?  Ha.  I peed myself twice on Saturday night because of coughing fits (stupid cold from DS).  The first time was bad enough to fess up to DH, and the second was just humiliating..  Embarrassed

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageWanderingStars23:
    I wasn't expecting the hemorrhoids. Well, a least not when I got them. I was fine all of pregnancy and several months after. They didn't show up until about January, and now they're unfortunately reoccurring. 

I probably wouldn't have expected them either if it wasn't for this board.  But, yea...nothing can really prepare you for that madness.

• Options
    I didn't expect my bladder to lose this much control. I was just telling my husband how much it sucks that I have to hold my bladder every time I sneeze or cough, he was amazed lol. Oh I have another, I didn't expect my leg hair to get darker. I don't know if it happened during pregnancy or after because lets face it, I wasn't paying much attention to shaving then. I'm fairly light skinned, my hair is darker but my body hair has always been fairly light. Oh and the new hair that's growing around my hairline, it's a lot and short and curled and looks weird. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDottyBlue:

Now I'm scared my belly button is going to do the same thing.  I had the same flatness and coloring.. hmmm.

My big one is peeing myself.  I didn't have that issue at all during pregnancy and even in the first 4-5 months after delivery.  But now?  Ha.  I peed myself twice on Saturday night because of coughing fits (stupid cold from DS).  The first time was bad enough to fess up to DH, and the second was just humiliating..  Embarrassed

It didn't hurt or anything...I was just in the shower and noticed these dark flecks coming out of my bellybutton...I was like "......what?"  Also, I have a belly-button piercing, so the same thing is happening in the little pierced hole.  I am a freak.

Also, I'm with you about peeing my pants.  Wtf, body...

• Options

imagembm1983:
    no joke, i feel like my entire lady bits area got "fat." I'm thinking this is just imaginary though because that just seems impossible.

My lady bits got fat, too.  Also, the rest of me.  

Indifferent 

• Options
    This happened with DS but not with DD...so weird!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageangelacz87:

Yeah definitely got the fat thing everywhere... blech.

And I can only admit this because I will probably never see any of you on the street, but I've crapped my pants a couple of times since DD was born. Never did it during pregnancy, and thankfully hasn't happened in a while but yeah. 2 or 3 times. Completely humiliating.

And I will admit this only here because none of you will ever meet me.  I ran a 5k just over a month after DS was born.  I thought I was ready.  Nope.  After I crossed the finish line...I pooped my pants.  Horrifying.  I haven't done another race because I am worried I will pee or poop my pants.  Ugh. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagehamiltks10:
    imageangelacz87:

Yeah definitely got the fat thing everywhere... blech.

And I can only admit this because I will probably never see any of you on the street, but I've crapped my pants a couple of times since DD was born. Never did it during pregnancy, and thankfully hasn't happened in a while but yeah. 2 or 3 times. Completely humiliating.

And I will admit this only here because none of you will ever meet me.  I ran a 5k just over a month after DS was born.  I thought I was ready.  Nope.  After I crossed the finish line...I pooped my pants.  Horrifying.  I haven't done another race because I am worried I will pee or poop my pants.  Ugh. 

I wish we could ground our children for these things later in their life. They'd be so confused.

Seriously, though, I get why my mom used to shake her head and trail off when talking about how babies change your body.

I haven't pooped my pants, but I have had skid marks frequently, I am guessing because of the hemorrhoids. It's so humiliating that I won't let DH do laundry no matter HOW tired I am.  

• Options
    imageangelacz87:

Aw Thanks guys for sharing your humiliating moments so I knew I wasn't the only one :)

I was one of those people who was worried about pooping on the table. And then the time came to push, and I would have pooped on anyone and everyone to get him outta there.

Little did I know that the real horror was yet to come.... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"