October 2011 Moms
Options

Wagons and other containment devices

DD is becoming a stroller escape artist. It became a real problem this weekend when she and I were doing a 5k and she kept turning around and getting on her knees to look at me. The straps are as tight as they can be, the latches are still closed, but she has figured out how to wriggle free.

We live in the city and walk or take public transportation most places. DD is still too unpredictable to be completely on the loose. DH and I were thinking of a wagon or a Kiddo trike but I'm worried DD will still be able to jump out or up whenever the mood strikes her.

What do the Oct '11 moms recommend to contain my monkey?

Re: Wagons and other containment devices

• Options
    Caroline has this wagon and loves it - https://www.radioflyer.com/wagons/ultimate-family-wagon.html though she is not much of an escape artist.  
  • Options
    Do you think she just wants to walk? I would do a harness for distances where she can walk. I want a harness desperately but DH is hardcore opposed.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think she mostly wants to see what's around her and doesn't like being held back.

Like I said, we walk everywhere. A trip to Starbucks could be over a mile. That might be too long for her to walk on her own but maybe we could look into a wagon/harness combo so that she could walk in the safer areas and have a fall back, if she gets tired.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone

• Options
    Daycare trains the toddlers to walk holding onto the side of the stroller. Luckily we didn't have to do the training but we do reinforce it. If we are out and about we will let DS walk alongside the stroller as long as he hangs on to it. If he gets too tired walking then we just put him back into the stroller.  In the grocery store, when he tries to get out of the car style cart, or will turn around and face the wrong way in it, we just yell at him to "SIT DOWN NOW!!!" (poor kiddo). We do have an all-terrain Radio Flyer wagon that he loves but he hasn't tried to escape from that.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageginamcp:
    Caroline has this wagon and loves it - https://www.radioflyer.com/wagons/ultimate-family-wagon.html though she is not much of an escape artist.  

We have this one also, and we love it. But my DS isn't an escape artist either. I do think the wagon gives them the illusion of more freedom though. Maybe try Craigslist and buy used?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"