Health & Exercise

Phentermine?

A friend of mine is taking this to loose weight. I've heard it's dangerous but don't know much about it. Any opinions, experiences, knowledge on it?
Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: Phentermine?

• I have no experience with it but a friend of mine of FB took it for a little while and she said it made her heart race.  Honestly I wouldn't take it if I were you, just keep exercising and eating right
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you wante my honest opinion on weight loss drugs?  I think lazy people use them for a quick fix.  I also think they can be extremely dangerous. 

The only thing that really works is making lifestyle changes.  Eating right, exercising, etc. are the only way to take off weight and KEEP it off. 

So, instead of popping a "magic" pill, get up and get moving, stay away from junk food and overeating.  Voila!  Weight loss.  It's amazing.

• Loading the player...
  • I never post on this board, just lurk normally. But I tried it when I was younger. It made my heart race and I had a really hard time falling asleep, I would have to take a sleep aid. it did work, but once I stopped, the weight came back. Like pp said, lifestyle change is the only thing that works, good "diet" and exercise. Now that I have a child, I have no desire to do it. What if god forbid, something happened to me and all because I wanted to take the easy way out. 
  • Oh, I'm not taking it! I try to eat a very healthy diet and exercise everday! I was just inquiring because I was worried about her taking it!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageIloveshanej:
    Oh, I'm not taking it! I try to eat a very healthy diet and exercise everday! I was just inquiring because I was worried about her taking it!

she needs to stop.  I have never heard good things about it. it's like those It works! belly wraps. once you stop using them the muffin top comes back 

• imagevlagrl29:

imageIloveshanej:
    Oh, I'm not taking it! I try to eat a very healthy diet and exercise everday! I was just inquiring because I was worried about her taking it!

she needs to stop.  I have never heard good things about it. it's like those It works! belly wraps. once you stop using them the muffin top comes back 

I agree. She is a very close friend and I'm going to talk to her about it. Thanks everyone!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageargonne:

Do you wante my honest opinion on weight loss drugs?  I think lazy people use them for a quick fix.  I also think they can be extremely dangerous. 

The only thing that really works is making lifestyle changes.  Eating right, exercising, etc. are the only way to take off weight and KEEP it off. 

So, instead of popping a "magic" pill, get up and get moving, stay away from junk food and overeating.  Voila!  Weight loss.  It's amazing.

agreed! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"