February 2012 Moms

Comments from the other parent

This weekend we hit up the Zoo with the kiddo and my ILs. They bought a Zoo Membership (way to obligate us to have to go more than once a year!).

Anyway I told my Mister the kid needed a diaper change. When we go to large places he usually does the changing because there is never a line in the mens room (yea!). He looked at me and said "My parents are here, why do I need to do anything." At first I thought he lost his damm mind, but what he meant was have them do it. ANd of course my MIL snatched that kid and took care of it.

Any interesting feedback or comments from the other parent?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Comments from the other parent

• I have the mindset that my kid is MY kid and MY responsibility. I only ask for outside help if I really need it. If my husband said that, he would have been changing every diaper for the rest of the day.... but that's just me!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always did this for my niece and nephews! When my SIL asked my brother to do something, I always stepped in and did it XD

My DH makes a ton of comments thinking he's SO funny, but not recently. He's been too busy with a school project :P

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DH would totally say this, in a joking way, but one quick look from me and he would shut up and do the diaper change.  He thinks he is soooo funny...

I honestly do not trust my MIL to do much with Allison because she sees her so rarely (lives across the country) and hasn't been around a baby in like 18+ years the last cousin was born.  I'm sure she would be fine, I just have a control issue!

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Oh he was totally joking. But it was hot out and I was tired and I had to blink a few times before it sunk in. DH is very hands on Daddy. Not 50/50 cause I'm a control freak but when I need him to do something he does it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My parents or in laws dont change diapers if the parents are around. We don't even ask.
    ETA: they don't offer either.
  • When Gramma offers to change a diaper, we never say no!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"