September 2011 Moms

Which game?

I want to do a family Brewer game before #2 comes.  My options for Saturday games are either a 3pm or a 6pm game.

We have a 45 minute drive to the park.

Augie usually naps 12-3pm, give or take (sometimes 1-3:30, sometimes 12-2:30).

DH wants to do the 3pm game because he thinks the 6pm is too late.  I want Aug to get in the best nap possible and I personally don't care if he stays up till 9pm and then passes out on the car ride home. 

Thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which game?

• Will Augie stay up late if you let him?  J can barely keep his eyes open past 6:45. 

Personally, I'd probably do the 3 pm game, let him get a 2 hour nap, and he'll probably sleep in the car on the way there. 

• imageMRoss1982:
    I'd probably do the 6pm game. I need her to have a good nap so I don't like cutting it short if possible.

If it were me, I would do this.

however, since your DH wants the 3 game...can you maybe wake Aug up early so tbat his nap will be 1030/11 to 130/2?? that way his nap is fine and you will still make the game and he will still probably fall sleep on the way home.
  • Loading the player...
  • Double post.

so I'll add that for us, with T...if naptime is interrupted she is cranky so it would be much easier to just let her take a normal nap then fall asleep on the way home and easily carry her in and lay her in bed no problem.
  • I would do the 3 pm game. I'd rather mess with naptime then mess with bedtime. Can you put him down earlier? He might also fall back asleep in the car on the way.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• I would do the 3pm game since there is no way DD will stay up until 9. She normally goes down at 7 and becomes very difficult after that.

If Augie is more of a night owl or does worse missing his nap, then the 6pm game may be right for you.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I would do the 3:00 game and plan the whole day around it - like by getting her up a little early in the morning and playing at the park or doing something outside and active in the morning, to ensure an early nap time.  If it were me, I would just leave the house extra early and drive around for a while, taking the long way to the park and just have T nap in the car on the way there, but she does great with that plan all the time, and her attitude generally isn't all that different if her nap is a little shorter than she might like.

For us, T wouldn't make it through a 6:00 game - she'd start getting cranky for her bed around 8:00.  But for a 3:00 game, she could have lunch before nap, sleep on the way there, and be good with just some snacks at the game and dinner after.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bedtime is 8ish for us.  If he's busy and having fun he'll stay up later no problem.  Last night he was up till 8:30 because we'd been with family.  This Saturday we're taking him to a wedding and I don't plan on leaving before 9pm, I'm going to push it as long as he lasts.

Games are normally 3 hours so I anticipate it being done around 9pm.  DH and I know going in that we probably won't see all 9 innings, that leaving time is subject to Augie's mood/behavior, not the last pitch.

But it's nice to see how many of you would manipulate nap time to make the 3pm game work.  It makes me open minded to the earlier game!  I get reallyanal about naptime and I should probably be more flexible about it.

• First, jealous you are so close to Miller Park. I'm not a big baseball fan (or sports in general, LOL) but I love the atmosphere of a Brewer's game!

I'd do the 3PM game, too. My kids do better with a shorter nap and to bed close to usual time than they do trying to push them to stay up later. But I also couldn't count on DD1 sleeping in the car past about 19-20 months, so my choice is based on knowing she might not have passed out on the way home even at 9PM. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"