October 2011 Moms

PW: Banners

For those of you that had those cute banners at your kiddo's first birthday party...

Did you DIY? Or did you order it off of esty or another website? Related to the post below, I wanted to do a banner for my sister's shower (Bride-to-Be or She Said Yes or something) but I was hoping to make one myself or find it for free.

TIA

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: PW: Banners

• I made this one:

My friends made this one:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I google'd templates for the triangles. I bought scrapbook paper from Michaels and a clothesline from the dollar store. I made 2 banners for like 5 bucks. In Publisher I made solid colored circles and then printed out the image we wanted in a smaller circle or a letter with the background the same color as the circle. I then cut the small circles out, glue sticked them onto the solid colored circles, then glued that to the triangle. I put a plain peice of paper down and then put the twine between that and the scrapbook paper and glued the triangles together. It sounds complicated but total time spent was less than 2 hours and it looked great! This is the best picture I have right now.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  Those banners are all so cute! I wish I had done a customized one for DD's birthday.

Elsa - that "She Said Yes" one with the hearts is exactly what I was looking for!

Lopes - I love different cardstock idea!

With a little more googling, I found a free downloadable triangle with a letter on it.  You have to change the letter and print each page, but it looks pretty cute!  I am thinking I could use the different cardstock idea and print each letter on a different pattern.

Here it is, just in case anyone else wants/needs it:

https://printablepress.com/item_images/APP-pennants-classic.pdf

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I always wondered how people got their letters so perfect when it came to the burlap fabric banners. My friend told me to find a font I liked on the computer, print out each letter in the size I wanted, lay the fabric triangle on top, and you and see the letter through the fabric. Then you can paint right onto the fabric and get the letter should want.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"