Special Needs

What a terrible person...

I was told by a friend today that a woman he knew told him that I deserved to have a baby with medical problems because maybe it will teach me a lesson. She said this simply because her daughter and I didn't get along in the past. I'm just shocked that anyone would have the audacity to think, let alone say, that God would make a child sick in order to punish his mother. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What a terrible person...

• wow--some people really just have no clue.  Sometimes I think if people had to live ONE DAY in our shoes they would realize that they need to be a little nicer, a little more understanding.   Well, if she feels that way then she knows that someday SHE will have it coming to her. 

• Wow, wow, wow! I would not wish anything like that to my worst enemy. We all may get upset at people sometimes, for one reason or another,but stepping back and reconsidering your thoughts before you say them out loud would be a good thing. Often people say things that they not really mean and can still hurt others badly. Sad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom, yes I said my mom, once said something similar.  We were having a fight about my SN sister.  I've always been of the mind that SN is not an excuse for every behavior of hers.  Sometimes she knows full well what she's doing and it isn't nice.  Anywho, she says to me that maybe someday I'll find myself in her shoes and then, maybe then, I'll stop being such a (fill in the blank).

Well, fast forward many many years and I tell her, teary-eyed, that we have a dx and that it looks like my little guy is autistic.  Her eyes immediately teared up, and then she sat down with a horrified look on her face and started crying.  She remembered our fight and said "I wished it on you.  I didn't mean it, but I said it - out loud.  Oh my God."

Obviously she didn't mean it and she said it out of frustration but it came back to haunt her several years later.  No, she didn't make it happen but I'll never forget that look on her face - I've never seen so much regret on one face.  Like others here have said - as angry as you get, just take a step back before you say something like that.  

That's a horrible sentiment and I hope to G*d that she never has to deal with any kind of sick child, spouse or self - those words will come back to haunt her.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Also - your little guy is too cute!  Does he have hair or is it super blonde?

• I will say that was not a very nice thing to say.

I admit I was shallow when dating guys. And there were times I was mean to other girls. But geez this never crossed my mind that this would come back around to haunt me.

I know now I am a better person because of DS. I don't go around wishing it on people.

• image-auntie-:
    What a hurtful thing to say. And what an even more hurtful thing for a "friend" to share.

^^right? What good did it do to tell you that someone said this about you? I'm sorry that someone had ill feelings towards you and was unkind enough to speak them aloud and someone else was foolish enough to think you needed to hear it.  Bad luck to you on all sides friend.

• image-auntie-:
    What a hurtful thing to say. And what an even more hurtful thing for a "friend" to share.

I thought the same thing. Even if you heard such a thing, why would you TELL the other person? 

• imagemalcivar:

Also - your little guy is too cute!  Does he have hair or is it super blonde?

Thank you! He has about a one-square-inch tuft of blonde hair on the back of his head that sticks out in all directions, but other than that he is bald as a cue ball! 

• Thank you guys for the support. I just wish that people could understand without having to be in our shoes. 
  • Hugs! That woman is gross, I hope that the message got misinterpreted somehow (for h sake). Your LO has the cutest bald head- I love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"