LGBT Parenting

Pregnancy Check-in

Happy Monday?

What's new with your pregnancy this week? How are you feeling? 

QOTD: In what season will your baby arrive? What is something you love about that season or are looking forward to with baby?

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
TTC with RE since March 2012
3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
(2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
EDD 11/28/13

Re: Pregnancy Check-in

• Haha, that was meant to be Happy Monday! But maybe it is yet to be seen...

I had my second u/s on Friday, and we saw the little arms and legs moving which was incredible. We could also see the pulsing of the heartbeat at 172, which is right on target according to ob.

I'm starting to get that this is K's baby. She has been vegetarian for 15 years and all I want to eat is raw vegetables. Just buy me a whole foods crudite platter for dinner and I'm happy!

QOTD: I'm a fall baby and I love the fall. I'm looking forward to baby arriving around the holidays and having family come meet him or her at Christmas time!

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • SDWSDW member

On Saturday we had a 3d ultrasound. It was early, but we couldn't wait, and now we're so glad we did. Below is the picture of our little girl smiling for the camera!!!!!!!! 

Cupcake arrives in October. I love Fall so this will be truly magnificent....talk about working on patience, October seems so far away!

pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • We have our first ultrasound on Friday morning and can't wait! I will be 8 weeks on then day of the ultrasound : I'm feeling pretty well,seems like all of my symptoms have disappeared expect for the sleepy one lol

Baby is due in the winter,right before Christmas... DW's birthday is Dec 23 so I will have two Christmas babies in our home!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just posted about having a girl! Super excited and ready to move forward wih plans for the nursery. Feeling good, definitely looking pregnant now and definitely need to tell the fam as soon as possible. I feel like they're the only ones who don't know....

Our baby will be coming in the fall, my favorite time of the year, so I'm glad to share it with her and celebrate her birthday during one of the most beautiful times of the year. I love it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What's new with your pregnancy this week? How are you feeling?

25 weeks tomorrow and feeling great! We set up our crib yesterday and this week I'll order the mattress. I'm also booking the last of our classes. We're taking a 4 week private Mindful Birthing series, a full 7 week out-of-hospital series, two-day Bringing Baby Home relationship class, a baby sleep class, and a class on baby safety/cpr. I'm on the fence about a one-day labor coping class. Writing that out it seems like a lot, but I think they'll all be great and I'm an education junky (even though I teach many of those classes).

QOTD: In what season will your baby arrive? What is something you love about that season or are looking forward to with baby?

Our baby will arrive in summer, which is an amazing time of year here in the PNW. I'm hoping it won't be too hot (it usually stays in the 70-80s, but it can get to be in the 100s sometimes) although I have plans to deal with it even if it is. It should be great for walking, spending time outside, relaxing/napping on my hammock in the back yard. In future years, it will be a great time to have outdoor birthday parties.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello everyone! 

We are still trucking along, I am still puking and feeling very first trimester, but I seem to have more "good days" then before.  We bought some cloth diapers from an earth day sale and just got them in the mail today.  They are super cute. Other than that life is pretty normal around here.

QOTD: We will be having a fallish baby, end of Nov. I am super excited to have the LO here for the holidays like MK. It will be so much fun to have our little family for this holiday season. ....ooh, I guess I will get to buy another christmas stocking.  

Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Hi everyone.  I've been lurking this board for sometime and it has been very helpful during our TTC journey.  

Everything is new with our pregnancy.  I had a positive HPT followed by blood HCG last week and it is official.  I've been more tired than normal and have a little nausea in the morning.  The craziest thing is that I have no interest in coffee or sweets two things I could typically live for.

Our baby is due early January.  The greatest part of a winter baby is that I won't have to suffer through my 3rd trimester in the scorching Arizona heat!   

• I'm on fire. Really. I am feeling really hot all the time. We went to a play on Saturday and I had to leave the auditorium because I could feel the heat emanating off of everyone around me. We ended up sitting outside with V wiping me down with a wet paper towel and fanning me. I've been like that for the last few days. My hips hurt a lot during the night, apart from that I'm doing well, and this little guy is getting stronger by the day. We did a 3/4d scan on Friday, it was so amazing! I didn't think that we would ever do that, but I'm so glad we did. I teared up when I saw his sweet little face for the first time. Our baby is due on the summer solstice. I'm really excited that we'll be able to enjoy summer sunshine together, and he'll have have a summery birthday, which I think will be great.

Edited to fix some mobile typos 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• sparkles, they're all optional, but I'm an education nut. I teach childbirth ed, breastfeeding and newborn care classes and we're lucky to live in a great place for perinatal support.

The 4 week private Mindful Birthing series is the Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) Program, which is a series and book (Mindful Birthing) by Nancy Bardacke. If you can't find a class, I recommend the book.

The 7 week out-of-hospital series is taught by a local, long-time (and famous in this field) childbirth educator and doula.

The two-day Bringing Baby Home relationship class is this program.
    If you can't find an instructor, there's also a book called "And Baby Makes Three"

The baby sleep class is taught by a colleague through her business.

And the class on baby safety/cpr class is through the non-profit I work with and the local children's hospital and will be taught by one of my friends.

Luckily my wife is on board with this plan!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SDWSDW member
    imagemrsmrsA:
    Hi everyone. nbsp;I've been lurking this board for sometime and it has been very helpful during our TTC journey. nbsp;Everything is new with our pregnancy. nbsp;I had a positive HPT followed by blood HCG last week and it is official. nbsp;I've been more tired than normal and have a little nausea in the morning. nbsp;The craziest thing is that I have no interest in coffee or sweets two things I could typically live for.Our baby is due early January. nbsp;The greatest part of a winter baby is that I won't have to suffer through my 3rd trimester in the scorching Arizona heat! nbsp;nbsp;

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Whooohoooo!!!!!
    pregnancy
  • Thanks SDW!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"