August 2011 Moms
Options

Overwhelmed!!!!! Vent and Long-sorry just needed to get it out.

Ok I just need to vent for a second. All of this has happened in my household since Thursday.

Chase has bitting and tantrums issues. Terrible 2's four months early..HELP ME!

Spring on our garage door breaks. Have to come up with $300 to fix it.

Someone ran over our mailbox so it has to be replaced.

Left work early Friday to go pick up Chase to take him to the park since it was supposed to rain all weekend here and my transmission died in my car. Had it 11 years and bought brand new. Had less than 90,000 miles and was a good car. It was having troubles but was hoping it wasn't that.

Needless to say no park which ended up being good because after we finally got home Chase began vomiting. Ruined our sheets and comforter on our bed. Bug lasted 24 hours so this mommy never went to sleep until 6 am Saturday morning. At that point I felt like a walking zombie because I had been up for 40 hours straight.  

My parents have an extra vehicle that they are going to let us pay them as we can(which we are thankful for but nervous about not being able to pay them every month) but it needs new tires. $600 to replace tires, unknown amount to parents a month for car(never had a car note before because my grandmother bought me my car for high school graduation before she passed away)

DH car didn't want to crank today and the air conditioner has gone out.

DH's mom has been giving DH the money to pay his student loans every month and now says she is not going to do it anymore. This is $26,000 worth that DH didn't know they took out to pay for his education. We found it on his credit report one month before the first payments started. When we asked his mom about them, she said oh yeah I forgot about those!!! I know they are in DH name and he is ultimately responsible but ugh. She knew everything that happen this week. Could she just not wait a few days to tell us. This also coming from the woman who just now after 3 years paid off DH's university bill. Literally, DH just got his diploma 3 years to the day after graduating and only a week before his younger brother graduates from college. Did I mention that they paid for younger brothers schooling outright so that he wouldn't have to worry about bills since he is trying to get into medical school. Needless to say DH is not the favorite son.

UGH!!!!! Ever seen the saying that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Well, at this moment I wish God didn't trust me so much. I have cried so much this weekend because money is really tight around our house(we are still paying tons of medical bills) and so all of this happening at once has beenoverwhelming.

Really sorry for the rant but had to vent somewhere. Here's to hoping this week is much better. Off to continue work and map out a plan to pay for everything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image image image Anniversary

Re: Overwhelmed!!!!! Vent and Long-sorry just needed to get it out.

• Options

Do you know Dave Ramsey

You should.  I find him to be very straightforward and very comforting.  It can all feel really, really overwhelming to sit down and sift through, but it's best to have a look at everything... and I mean every last red cent coming in and going out the door.  

Not that you were looking for advice, but I found it very comforting when we found him 3 years ago.  We found him through Tsh Oxenreider.  She's the author of all the Simple... books.  Check them both out.  Going through their processes was really liberating.

I'm sorry that all the sh!t hit the fan at the same time, and here's hoping you guys get a MUCH needed break!!

Browse both of their websites this week.  See if anything they say resonates with you.  I have Tsh's book, and if you want it, I'd be more than willing to send it to you.  You can always check out Dave's book, Total Money Makeover, from your local library.  Trust me, they're both worth it.  

I'm glad Chase's bug was short-lived.  Sick kids are the pits.  O just started croup coughing last night, and this morning woke up with green snot.  Blech!!   

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

That is a LOT to deal with in one weekend. I hope you get some good news, and definitely not any more BAD news.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry! Hope your luck turns around soon.
  • Options
    I borrowed the Dave Ramsey book from a friend last week before this all happend. Guess that was God's way of preparing me. Started reading it yesterday! Never heard of the other but I will look into it.
  • Options

We are on payment plans with the hospital and clinic at the lowest monthly payment they will accept to keep the accounts current. Unfortunately we can share a car because my husband works retail and his hours are never the same. We are buying the car from my parents. So ultimately it is ours now. We will just pay them every month.

Definitely thought about the garage sale today. Will be doing inventory tonight!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement ladies!

• Options
    Oh wow - That is A LOT to handle at once. I hope things turn around for you guys. ::hugs::
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yuck, that is alot to adjust a budget for at once.  Glad to hear LO is feeling better though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"