Two Under 2
Options

Stroller question, please...

Hi Ladies,

I was just looking on babiesrus and I was clueless when it came to double stroller. I will have a newborn and a 1 1/2 year old. What do you suggest without spending a fortune?

Re: Stroller question, please...

• Options
    I have done a ton of going back and fourth between what's best for us as well. When my baby is born, my son will be almost 23 months. A lot of people suggested a sit and stand, and although my son isn't crazy about his stroller, I wanted to have an optional seat for him if we were out at the zoo or something for the day... so after much thought, I went with the Joovy Scooter X2 and I just got it yesterday. I made sure to test drive it at Buy Buy Baby... I was able to use a 20% off coupon (unlike Baby Jogger which I'm pretty sure you can't find any coupons for, and their prices are INSANE) so my price was under $200. It was definitely the cheapest side by side stroller that was nice! My son seems to like it and I'm sure my newborn will as well. The only negative for me was that it can't hold a car seat (we have the Chicco Keyfit 30) but the recline is nearly flat so I figure with some time of head supporter, baby will be just fine laying in it. I can't wait to test it out with both kiddies in there!
  • Options
    We got the Combi Twin Sport. I haven't had my baby yet. I have mostly used this for trips like Disneyland with my 3.5 and my 1 year old. I like that it's easy to fold, easy to maneuver and fits in the VW Jetta's trunk. We aren't planning on getting a new car for a while. When I was looking at the sit n stands or tandem strollers I realized that they were all longer then my current stroller and won't fit in my trunk. Depending on your car that's something you need to think about as well. 
    a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We got the Contours Options LT tandem stroller. I also have the Baby Jogger City Mini (single) and the double is just a tiny bit longer when I set them side by side, which I was surprised about! I did look at the Baby Jogger City Select double but just could not justify spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars when the Contours was basically the same thing at a fraction of the price. 

It retails for around $240-$269 or so depending on where you get it. BuyBuyBaby allows you to use a 20% off coupon, but I think Amazon ends up being the cheapest, especially if you catch them at the right time with an amazon mom sale as I did (paid $180 shipped!). There are a ton of excellent reviews (friend IRL had an older model as well), it folds with both seats on, and it's light compared to many doubles (33.5lbs or so). It also comes with the car seat adapter which fits a ton of carseats. My DS1 loves it and I cant wait to use it for both kids! 

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    I was running into the same problem and I have the Chicco key fit  car seat as well and didn't think it was going to work with the same car seat, as I didn't want the Chicco Cortina double stroller as it is so big and only holds up to 40lbs. Begrudgingly, I was prepared to purchase a whole new Graco car seat and the Graco sit and stand double stroller, (which only exists online even though it says it can only be purchased in store, and no Babies R Us' had any in stock anywhere) When I went in to Babies R Us I was surprised to find that the Baby Trend sit and stand actually fits a Chicco car seat and that the stroller holds up to 50lbs for front and back. I have a 21 month old at home and I am due in 12 days so it was perfect!!! (Even though the pictures only show the car seat in the front of the stroller it actually holds the car seat in the back as well so my older child can sit comfortably in the front until he's big enough to just want to use the bench system)
  • Options
    Mine are 15mo apart. Did lots of research and for our needs, the Joovy Caboose too Ultralight fit. We bought the Too seat and LOVE IT! Should last us for years. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    red1976red1976 member
    imageMommy2CB:

We got the Contours Options LT tandem stroller. I also have the Baby Jogger City Mini (single) and the double is just a tiny bit longer when I set them side by side, which I was surprised about! I did look at the Baby Jogger City Select double but just could not justify spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars when the Contours was basically the same thing at a fraction of the price. 

It retails for around $240-$269 or so depending on where you get it. BuyBuyBaby allows you to use a 20% off coupon, but I think Amazon ends up being the cheapest, especially if you catch them at the right time with an amazon mom sale as I did (paid $180 shipped!). There are a ton of excellent reviews (friend IRL had an older model as well), it folds with both seats on, and it's light compared to many doubles (33.5lbs or so). It also comes with the car seat adapter which fits a ton of carseats. My DS1 loves it and I cant wait to use it for both kids! 

We have the Contours and absolutely love it! No complaints about it yet and I use it all the time. It does take up much of my trunk (Ford Focus) but I think most doubles will.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"