June 2012 Moms
Options

Still nothing

So as we've passed the 10 month mark and are headed quickly to 11, I've gotta say I still have zero desire for naughty time. And I feel absolutely terrible about it! I read about those of you June mamas who are expecting again /congrats!/, and I still can't bring myself to DTD. It's been since January and I'm pretty sure we got interrupted that time. I'm still BFing 2/3 of the time, and I really hope this changes after I wean around a year. I feel so bad for DH. It's to the point that I've been listening to the playboy station on Sirius every day hoping to spark something up, but nada.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Still nothing

• Options
    You are not alone. I think it gets better (right?). I am not in the mood either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Same here!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    :hugs:
  • Options
    SigirSigir member
    Was this your first? I was so torn up frm my first it took me a LONG time to be normal again. The second time around we actually had sex before the 6 week mark, that is how good I was down there. So that is the difference for me. It'll get better w time. I know how tough it is!
  • Options
    I had zero interest in sex until I started my period again which was 8 1/2 months pp.
  • Options

I have interest in it, but by the time DH comes home, i'm too tired and just want to have dinner, clean up and go to bed!

I still try to do it as much as possible for my DH so that I don't neglect him. Eventually when I'm no longer breastfeeding every 2 hours 24/7, I will get some energy back :)

On a side note, not to be a weirdo, but I shave all of it.. hahah and when it's freshly shaven, I feel much more "excited" I think it has to do with the bare skin touching since it's sensitive u know? Worth a try!!!

• Options

Fake it 'till ya make it.  

I'm still bfing and getting in the mood randomly doesn't happen often so I pretend it does.  I found once we get into the moment I can get worked up and I never regret it after so it's really just getting started that is the hold up here.  After my first I found that reading erotica/romance books really helped me get in the state of mind - I had never read them before.  (there are a bunch of free ones on ibooks and I'm sure kindle and nook too)  They aren't literary genius so don't expect much, but can sure be entertaining...

And it did get way better after I weaned with my first.   

image   image

• Options
    imageEMO-mamma:

I'm still bfing and getting in the mood randomly doesn't happen often so I pretend it does.  I found once we get into the moment I can get worked up and I never regret it after so it's really just getting started that is the hold up here.  

this exactly!! I just do it for him, but I usually enjoy once I'm in the moment. And if I know I won't get much out of it, I get Iin a position that turns it into a quicky....lol. He gets sex and then I get to relax!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    It is my first LO, and I haven't gotten my first pp period yet, plus the BFing so that all makes sense. I used to be able to take one for the team, but I don't know why it's become more difficult since January. Possibly because DS's sleep went to poo around that time. I'll try reading some romance novels. I just crack up laughing at the Playboy station on Sirius!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat... just hoping it'll get better.... maybe i'll try reading the romance novels as others have suggested.... anything at this point will help I think!!!  
  • Options
    Has AF returned?  That's what really did it for me after #1. 
  • Options

DH has been a good sport until lately.  He's getting frustrated and I just can't manage to get in the mood, ever.  Usually it's an issue of DD is asleep and I WANT TO SLEEP but sometimes I just... don't want to.  Glad to know I'm not alone!!  AF hasn't returned for me either, and I'm still BFing.  So guess that's probably the issue!

Though TBH I'm not sure I'll even know if AF returns... I got Mirena at 9 weeks PP and I'm wondering if AF might just stop.  I know it did for me when I was on Depo.  Hmm.  No complaints there. /tangent 

TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageEMO-mamma:

I'm still bfing and getting in the mood randomly doesn't happen often so I pretend it does.  I found once we get into the moment I can get worked up and I never regret it after so it's really just getting started that is the hold up here.  After my first I found that reading erotica/romance books really helped me get in the state of mind - I had never read them before.  (there are a bunch of free ones on ibooks and I'm sure kindle and nook too)  They aren't literary genius so don't expect much, but can sure be entertaining...

And it did get way better after I weaned with my first.   

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"