High-Risk Pregnancy

Sunday Bed Rest check in

Hi ladies how are we holding up?

Last night had trouble sleeping baby decided to move around a whole bunch think the baby turned around and did back flips as my whole stomach was moving

Re: Sunday Bed Rest check in

• I'm here! Had some contractions last night but seem to be doing fine this am. Slept in the bed last night and it was a little tougher to get comfortable. Thought crossed our minds to go stay at my moms by the hospital for 7 weeks....don't know what to do.
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • We are holding fine here, just not getting sleep as well, not because they are moving. I am just not use to being at the hospital bed rest for 6 weeks now. I should be use to sleeping here by now but I am not, I would go to bed at 12am and still wake up by 6 or 7 in the morning. I do have trouble sleeping on both of my sides now i just toss and turn now. I have 2 1/2 weeks left here so counting down.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sleeping well and having lots of hand swelling lately.  
  • Hanging in.  25w today!!

Sleep is OK some nites, crappy others.  Last nite was hard to get comfortable, but we slept until 8:30 (after waking up at 6:30 when the doctor came in to Round). 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sleep it seems to be a bit hard for everyone right now .

I am laying on the couch resting , children are re watching monster inc  for like the 5th time today as long as it keeps them happy and from jumping on me it's all good

• Belly feels better today. Resting.

I also stay up late and wake up early. I try to nap in the afternoon to make up for it. Some days I forget. :

Sounds like a quiet day for everyone. That is probably good : )

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• Sounds like everyone is having a nice quiet sunday! So glad to hear it! I'm hanging in there. Trying to keep from going stir crazy, but this week overall has been good. We had several family members and friends come by to help with my 14 month old which was so nice!
    I don't know if maybe I should start a new thread regarding this, and i alpologize if i shouldnt post this here, but was wondering, in all honesty how everyone is holding up with the lack of intimacy with dh? I'm having such a difficult time and finding the lack of physical touch/connecting, along with the stress of everything else, causing a real strain in our day to day relationship. Is anyone else experiencing this and how are you and dh handling it?
  • imageKaleighM:
    Sounds like everyone is having a nice quiet sunday! So glad to hear it! I'm hanging in there. Trying to keep from going stir crazy, but this week overall has been good. We had several family members and friends come by to help with my 14 month old which was so nice!
    I don't know if maybe I should start a new thread regarding this, and i alpologize if i shouldnt post this here, but was wondering, in all honesty how everyone is holding up with the lack of intimacy with dh? I'm having such a difficult time and finding the lack of physical touch/connecting, along with the stress of everything else, causing a real strain in our day to day relationship. Is anyone else experiencing this and how are you and dh handling it?

It's really tough. We can't even sleep in the same bed. So no snuggles or anything. I need to find ways to show more affection but its hard when I'm stressed/worried or haven't showered for a few days. If anyone has ideas I'd love to hear them.
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • imageKaleighM:
    how everyone is holding up with the lack of intimacy with dh? I'm having such a difficult time and finding the lack of physical touch/connecting, along with the stress of everything else, causing a real strain in our day to day relationship. Is anyone else experiencing this and how are you and dh handling it?

I've been on pelvic rest for all but 3 weeks of my pregnancy.  I actually feel quite emotionally connected to DH right now, but do miss having sex for sure.  I guess we feel like our girls take priority and we'll have sex again some day, but it can be tough.   

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are hanging in there.  We made it to 28 weeks, and now looking to make it to the next milestone, 32 weeks.  Sleep is now a distant memory.  I am use to the beans moving when I go to bed, so that doesn't bother me.  I just cannot get comfortable to save my life.  It also doesn't help that my ribs are hurting almost all the time.  The only time I really sleep is when I take a nap, and I think that's because I am just so tired.  Oh, and I am slowly losing my ankles.  I don't want to sound like I am complaining because I would be uncomfortable any time for these little ones.

aiche Umm Ayoub, I know my little ones don't have room to do back flips, but they have some serious kicks and punches.  It makes my entire stomach vibrate. 

• imageKaleighM:
    Sounds like everyone is having a nice quiet sunday! So glad to hear it! I'm hanging in there. Trying to keep from going stir crazy, but this week overall has been good. We had several family members and friends come by to help with my 14 month old which was so nice! I don't know if maybe I should start a new thread regarding this, and i alpologize if i shouldnt post this here, but was wondering, in all honesty how everyone is holding up with the lack of intimacy with dh? I'm having such a difficult time and finding the lack of physical touch/connecting, along with the stress of everything else, causing a real strain in our day to day relationship. Is anyone else experiencing this and how are you and dh handling it?
    It is causing a bit of stress but not much I can do to change that counting down the days until baby gets here
  • Hubby either sits on couch with my feet in his lap and rubs them or he rubs my belly if I am on the bed resting.  Its not the same as sex but its still a touching connection that helps.  
  • Hi all, it is good to hear everyone is still hanging in there.  I don't know about you, but hearing everyone tough out an extremely difficult situation with bedrest, it continually gives me strength.  Thank you everyone for being on this board =)

I slept pretty bad last night too, but after having a bunch of visitors today I think I will crash hard tonight.  I hope.  

As far as intimacy, it is tough.  My husband gives me much needed affection when I ask, like rubbing lotion on my legs or sponge-bathing my back.  I feel bad that I really can't do much for him.  Last night was unusually fun though... I layed on a lounge chair (while he sat in a chair) on the deck, and listened to music from our wedding (it was held at our house so we played it all that night from our computer playlists).  How simple and romantic that was!!  I bawled good tears of course from all of my hormones, and how much I miss "us".

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"