Working Moms

Shoe in mouth

My mom was babysitting yesterday. And I'm already apprehensive about it for so many reasons. Mostly because she is kinda clueless sometimes. I come home and dd has her shoe fully in her mouth. The one she wears outside and walks with. I was really annoyed and bothered by it but didn't say anything.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shoe in mouth

• This would completely be a nonissue for me.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • I can see how it would be bothersome more so because I'd wonder what else she puts in her mouth without supervision.  But the shoe is not a battle I would pick unless they fertilize their yard or have chemicals sprayed. Then it's a health issue that I would bring up.
  • Loading the player...
  • This would irritate me, but only bc everything my mom does irritates me. And, for that reason, she doesn't babysit!

• I agree that this isn't a battle to fight, but if you aren't comfortable w your mom sitting, then why are you using her?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• My LO puts her foot in her mouth, shoe and all, while we are in the car. I think it is just one of those things that kids do
  • imageEastCoastBride:
    I agree that this isn't a battle to fight, but if you aren't comfortable w your mom sitting, then why are you using her?

It's not that I'm not comfortable. It's just the common sense. Ok kids put things in their mouths and eat gross things. But if we as parents or caregivers see it and continue to let them then that's my problem. It's one thing if they do it and we don't see it we catch them and say ew gross! Or something, but it's another to see them eating something dirty and just kind watch them.

I use her because I do trust her that she will be safe. But it's those little things. What's my alternative? Have nobody and never go out. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have lots of babysitting options.
  • imagesilvie25:
    imageEastCoastBride:
    I agree that this isn't a battle to fight, but if you aren't comfortable w your mom sitting, then why are you using her?
    It's not that I'm not comfortable. It's just the common sense. Ok kids put things in their mouths and eat gross things. But if we as parents or caregivers see it and continue to let them then that's my problem. It's one thing if they do it and we don't see it we catch them and say ew gross! Or something, but it's another to see them eating something dirty and just kind watch them. I use her because I do trust her that she will be safe. But it's those little things. What's my alternative? Have nobody and never go out. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have lots of babysitting options.

You will only have fewer options if you don't let the little stuff go....

Just sayin'. 

DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• You have untreated anxiety issues, this is a part of that

I'm not a fan of the shoe in mouth but eh it happened on my watch and others. Now I have a nose picker. I CANNOT react every time she does it or I'd annoy myself with it. It's gross but I'm pretty confident she'll grow out of it on her own.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:
    You have untreated anxiety issues, this is a part of that

I'm not a fan of the shoe in mouth but eh it happened on my watch and others. Now I have a nose picker. I CANNOT react every time she does it or I'd annoy myself with it. It's gross but I'm pretty confident she'll grow out of it on her own.

You're right. And I'm trying to let the little things go as you guys say and suck it up because like you said this won't be the first time. I'm trying to be better. I think I have unrelated issues with my mom that when she does do something I don't like its magnified . And as for pp, she is of the germs don't hurt camp and sometimes I do think she does it on purpose. Bottom line is, she knows I don't or wouldn't be happy with it so why do it. I'm just venting.
  • My DS does that.  Totally gross.  I'm teaching him that we don't put shoes in our mouths, but I don't/cannot freak out about it.
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"