Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Rolling over in the middle of the night...

DD is doing this. She used to be a side sleeper but lately she is ALL over her crib. She has hit that phase where she rolls, flips around so she's completely upside down from where she started etc. The first time she woke me up and she was on her stomach It jolted me a little because everything up until now has been 'back to sleep'. 

So what now? Do your LOs sleep on their stomach? If so, do you allow them to fall asleep that way, or do you at least try to start on their back still? (I lay DD down and by the time I leave her room and get to mine to look at her on the monitor she has already rolled over and I feel like I should go put her on her back) 

Suggestions? Is the new recommendation at this age that its okay?

Thanks ladies! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Rolling over in the middle of the night...

• My LO is the same, rolling from side to side, all around, horizontally etc. 

He mostly sleeps on his side but will go onto his stomach. At this point, though it worries me, I know that since he can move and groove this much, he is strong enough to sleep on his stomach safely.  

We start on his back no matter what. If he's awake and moves over to his stomach, sometimes I'll go move him back but if he's sleeping, I let him stay.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS is rolling over in the crib.  When we put him down for bed he rolls over right away and we leave him.  They say once babies roll over, you can leave them to sleep how they wish because they have the neck muscles to turn their head if they need too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Seriously you're worrying way too much, your baby is 8 months old, she'll be ok!
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mine has been doing this since she was about 5 months - it freaked me out at first, but she's fine :)

I would just let her be.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imagemisskaydee:
    Seriously you're worrying way too much, your baby is 8 months old, she'll be ok!

Definitely agree.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • My baby's the same way since he started learning how to roll. He is all over the bed when he sleeps too hahaha~ he's fine though and he sleeps well on his belly. I just leave him alone.

• alakealake member

DD3 is a stomach sleeper, has been since 3 months, when she started rolling over.

DD2 was the same

DD1 hated sleeping on her stomach.  She would wake up and cry and I would turn her.

• Once they are able to roll themselves over then they are fine to sleep on their stomachs.  That didn't help ME though!  I was still checking on her 3-4 times a nights.  Eventually, it went to 2 times, then 1 times and now I just check her when I go to bed at night.  She is all over the place.  The top, the bottom, on her side, on her back.  You'll get used to it but it's safe :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"