Attachment Parenting
Options

Ergo v. Mei Tai

Hi there. I already have a Mei Tai and a ring sling. I am considering springing for the Ergo, but I'm wondering what the specific advantages are over a Mei Tai. They do the same carries. Is the Ergo just quicker/ more convenient due to the lack of long straps? Is the Ergo more comfortable for longer stretches of time? If you have both, is it totally worth it? TIA!
Anniversary
White Knot
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ergo v. Mei Tai

• Options
    *whispers* I have a new in package Ergo Sport in black if you'd like it. I'm asking $100ppd for it. 

Their are advantages to both, but I prefer my mei tie. When it rains, I opt for the ring sling instead, but I know a lot of moms that prefer the ergo back its super quick to snap on and go, and you can adjust it easily while you wear it rather than having to untie and retie it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a RS and a MT and the last carrier I bought was the Ergo Performance. The MT was great, but once DS started to get bigger, it started to not be as comfortable for longer periods. DH and I also wanted to do back carries, which you can do in a MT, but it was easier and more comfortable with the Ergo. I remember trying the Ergo out at the store. As soon as DS was on my back he felt light as a feather. It was wonderful! In the MT he seemed much heavier and I couldn't carry him for as long without starting to have pain. They all have a certain purpose and I'm VERY pleased with my assortment of carriers. I think it's just right.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have both. The only thing I prefer the Ergo for is if he's already asleep. Then the sleeping hood is helpful.

Otherwise the Mei tei is faster to put on, lighterweight, more comfortable, and easier to do a back carry by yourself.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Target was running a special, and I had some Target gift cards, so I went ahead and picked one up. I'm going to try it out and return if I don't like it (or like it enough for the cost anyway...). Thanks for the help! :)
    Anniversary
    White Knot
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    I have a mei tai, sling, Moby,  and I prefer the Ergo over all.  I have haven't tried a wrap yet.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"