Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Grandma gifts

I would like to get my mom and MIL gifts because they have both been incredibly generous and thoughtful throughout my pregnancy and after the baby was born. They both gave lots of gifts and stayed with us to help out when we came home from the hospital. I am having the hardest time coming up with something to get them. I would like it to be a nice gift and am willing to spend a decent amount of money. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Grandma gifts

• Options
    Did you take any pictures while they stayed with you? Of them and the baby? I made it a point to take pictures every day when we were home while my step mom stayed with me during the day due to csection and I made her a photo book of her and DD on shutterfly of her first weeks of life with grandmashe loves it!
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    That's a great idea, but I don't have enough pictures of them to make a book. I've thought about getting a picture printed on canvas or something similar, but I feel like that's not substantial enough. They did so much for us that I really want to give them something special.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about a locket? Otherwise Alex and ani make grandmother bracelets.
  • Options

imageCAA0508:
    That's a great idea, but I don't have enough pictures of them to make a book. I've thought about getting a picture printed on canvas or something similar, but I feel like that's not substantial enough. They did so much for us that I really want to give them something special.

How about something like this:  https://www.thingsremembered.com/product/Occasions/Thank-You/Classic-Frames-Albums/Classic-Bevel-Gunmetal-4x6-Album/pc/101/c/3313/sc/2617/164421.uts

You can personalize it and add some pictures of LO with your mom and MIL in there. And over time, they can either add pictures to the album or you can keep giving them pictures to add.

• Options

We went to 

www.thevintagepearl.com

and did the "layer of love" necklace. Had it say grandma on it and then added LO's birthstone to it.  They both loved them. :) 

• Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    I created a locket necklace for both of our mothers for Mother's Day on origami owl. They can get expensive, but I love mine and they can add to it down the road if they want.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"