Nurseries and Baby Gear

Exersaucer for large baby

My LO is pretty big 27 in and almost 18 lbs at 4 months. He can't sit unassisted yet, and my understanding is that they need to do that before they can safely use an exersaucer. We're still waiting on him to roll, so sitting may be a ways away. I wanted to buy an exersaucer for him soon but they seem to max out at 30 inches. I'm worried that he's going to outgrow it soon after he starts sitting unassisted.

Long story short, does anyone know of a good exersaucer with a high height limit?

Re: Exersaucer for large baby

• I don't know of one with a higher height limit, but he can use it before he can sit unassisted as long as he has good head control. My DD started using her jumperoo at 3.5 months, which was well before she could sit unassisted, but her head control was great and the seat supported her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you looked at the Jumperoo's instead?  They seem to be a little higher than the exersaucers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Did they change the instructions on the exersaucer? It used to be that they needed good head control, about age 3-4 months. You can adjust the height on them, but seeing that your lo is already 27", it might only last you a very short time (based on when mine outgrew, tall too). I think your options might be limited to the door frame jolly jumpers or the like, you can adjust the height. Check weight limits too, I know I've been caught a time or two at that, mine tended to be over by six months or so.

Just a side note, if your lo is 27" at four months, keep an eye on this if you are using an infant car seat with a 29" limit, at that rate of growth you'll need a convertible soon. 

• Okay, go have a look at the Evenflo site, they post their product specs. Exersaucers can be used from 4 months, but have a standing height limit or 30".
  • We had a baby Einstein one and LO was too short for it even on the lowest setting so maybe check out that one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"