What would you do? Advice please! — The Bump
Secondary IF

What would you do? Advice please!

Ok so I wrote a few weeks ago about my husband being on depression meds and how when he was on them, he couldn't climax. S he went off them and then when he did climax it was very very little. Well since he's been off of them for about a month now and the problem seems t be fixed now. But we did schedule a semen analysis on may 8th just to check. Well I actually started my period today(all on its own woohoo! that never happens!) and now I'm very much wanting to just start our first round of treatments. So do we wait to start treatments to see the results of his semen analysis? Or go ahead and give her a go? With dd1 he was completely fine with his semen analysis that time. I'm just so excited to start that I'm being very impatient! Help! Also, sorry for the long post!

Re: What would you do? Advice please!

  • My RE waited for SA results before doing anything. Good luck!
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

    Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

    Potato Launcher

  • I would ask your RE what they think. If you have to wait for treatment, at least everything seems to be going in the right direction. Maybe you can get a bfp the old fashioned way! Good luck!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I would check with the RE and see what they think, but then proceed with the old-fashioned way in the meantime.

    Good luck!

    Me: 42. DH: 46.

    1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

    2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

    3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

    4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

    5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

    Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

    August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards