Success after IF
Options

Re-school me on "weak" ovulation, please!

So we've put TTC#2 on the back burner for a few months due to DH's health (blood clot, enraged arthritis, etc.) but today is CD1 so I'm thinking we'll be back on now. And I don't want to temp. Gah, I should, but I just don't want to. Wanna help refresh my memory on tips & tricks...or anything? I feel like I looked into weak ovulation before, but can't remember. D'oh.

Our dx first was technically MFI (poor morph), but I really, really believe it was all me. Our successful cycle was an IUI with injects (the first one with injects). Before that was Clomid. Ick.

I NEVER had ewcm, cycles were generally around 35 days. LP was usually 11-14. My lining was on the thinner side until the injects, and each cycle I always had two good-sized follies. I was never told I had PCOS, and my post-IF obgyn suggested I may have weak ovulation & gave me some met. 

Once I got the Mirena out in December, my cycles were around 30-35 days. The only cycle I took the met, it was 28. The following cycle, the one that just ended yesterday, was CD47.

Sorry, I know this probably doesn't make much sense. I just feel like I'm doing this all over again for the first time and need to see what I can do myself -- besides temping -- before heading back to the RE. I just want to get pg on my own, damnit, lol!

Thanks for any tips & thoughts! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Re-school me on "weak" ovulation, please!

• Options
    I am no expert on weak ovulation. But, in my quest of TTC DS, I went the route of traditional Chinese medicine. My TCM dr looked at my chart and saw a slow rise in my temps after ovulation and deemed it weak. I also had a pretty short LP, around 9 days on average.

With acupuncture and herbs, we got much better temp spikes with ovulation and lengthened my LO to 11 to 12 days.

TCM alone did not get me KU, but it did help my cycles, and I continued to use it during my IVF and subsequent pregnancy. I would reccomend exploring this option if you think your cycles could use a bit of regulating.

I have endo, and while my TCM dr was treating me for it, I just don't think my eggs have ever met sperm outside a Petri dish, so I'm not terribly confident I will ever get KU on my own without IVF.

GL to you!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    Thank you! I did try acupuncture before, and it was nice but she didn't tell me anything needed help, so I wasn't really sure it was helping, if that makes sense. Maybe I will try again.

Thank you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to second the acu thing.  I saw an acupuncturist who specialized in infertility and she made my cycles BEAUTIFUL with herbs specific to mine and my husbands needs as well as weekly acu treatments.  My husbands count went up quite a bit (from 10 mil to 89 mil) and I was getting 12 day LP's (they were 8-9 days prior to that), I no longer had mid cycle spotting and we ended up getting PG on our own (I'm almost 8 weeks).  Not sure if the acu and herbs were the reason but obviously they didn't hurt anything!   
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"