Pregnant after 35

Update to My Crappy Betas

I waited anxiously all day for the dreaded phone call from the RE and finally at 5:15p he calls to tell me that my second beta rose from 49 to 52.  This was exactly what I was expecting to hear....bad news.  He said he wants to do one more draw on Monday just to be sure it was not a lab error- that would be wishful thinking.

So, for the ladies who have experienced this kind of early loss what should I expect to happen next, i.e., do I just wait for my beta to fall back down until I get my period or will the RE do something to speed things up? Also, is this considered a chemical pregnancy?

DH and I are bummed but at the same time happy that the loss happened early and not later in the pregnancy.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement this week; it means more than you know. 

Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

Re: Update to My Crappy Betas

• I am so sorry to read that your Beta sucked today.  You were pregnant, and embryo implanted-it's not until after implantation that Hcg production begins.  What you want to call it is up to you.  I found that calling it a miscarriage caused me to feel that I had lost a baby.  Calling it a chemical pregnancy helped me to not feel so attached.  In my mind, I never had a heartbeat so chemical pregnancy was easier to stomach.

With Beta <=50 I would expect that your RE will let nature take it's course and you should expect AF when you stop any progesterone supplementation that you are on.

Big (((hugs))) and hoping that your sticky BFP is right around the corner.

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Thank you happywife for your support.  I feel like I am in no-mans land right now and just pray that nature takes its course quickly.  I am not on any progesterone supplementation- on the first beta draw it was 58 and I have no idea what it was today.  

On a happy note, I have been lurking on the TTC>35 board since last July and I was so excited to see that you finally got your BFP and was able to graduate to this board.  I wish you a H&H 9 months :)

Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your news.  :-(    I would think that your RE will let you miscarry naturally.  When I had my miscarriage it took about one week.  T&P to you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear you got that news today, like happywife, it was just easier on me to call it a chemical but its still very hard. Your beta on monday will give you a good indication of where things are, but ive had periods start while i still had a positive beta and other times its taken a week or so until I dropped to zero. Hugs...
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ohhh, no, that's heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so very sorry to hear this.  When I had my miscarrige I was a little bit further along and it happened naturally.  If it makes you feel any better I got pregnant right away after the miscarriage and as scary as it was I now have a 14 month old crazy little lady. 

Sending support your way. I know how much this sucks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My first miscarriage I asked for a d&C because I didn't want to go through the emotions with a natural miscarriage.  The second one just happened naturally. 

I am so sorry.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"