August 2011 Moms

curtain help please

I'm working on putting up curtains today, and I'm hoping for some opinions.

It's a ladybug theme with red/gray/black. The black curtains are some we already had...not my first choice, but budget friendly. I can't paint the shelves, so I'm stuck with dingy off-white.

And there are a gazillion random books and old gaming systems because there isn't anywhere else to put them at the moment. And there is random clutter because DS was "helping" me this morning. Ha. This is actually a nursery/spare room, so I'm still working on the clutter since it became the catch-all room when we moved in.

The gray fabric is just kind of tucked up there right now to give a rough idea of what it will look like. I need some sort of swag because it blocks out the light that comes in over the top of the black curtains. (They have tabs at the top, so there's a big gap. The window faces West, so it gets a lot of sunlight in the evening.) The red lantern things are just safety pinned to the fabric, but would be dangling from string from the curtain rod if I decide to keep them. I put black dots on some of them to give them a more ladybug-ish look, but I'm not sure about it now, so I put up some blank ones, too, to try to figure out which looks better (see last two pics).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: curtain help please

• I like the red balls with the black dots!  Very ladybug-ish :)

What color will the surrounding walls be, are they white, like the shelves?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemelissa0726:

I like the red balls with the black dots!  Very ladybug-ish :)

What color will the surrounding walls b

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"