Natural Birth
Options

Birthing ball question...

Is it every too early to start the ball? I know that's a silly question...but I didn't know if I should wait a while longer?

m/c 2002 7w2d
bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

Re: Birthing ball question...

• Options
    Just sitting on it? Plenty of non-pregnant people benefit from that. Go for it.
  • Options
    I sit on mine everyday! I'm 29 weeks it really helps with lower back pain and just keeping things loose. Plenty of people use them when there not pregnant too so go for it no matter how soon or late you are in your pregnancy its going to be beneficial .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It definitely helps to sit on it and kinda rotate your hips. I've been having pretty sore hips so I've been doing this since about 28weeks
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 34 weeks preggers and have started to sit on my yoga ball every night for about half hour. I just bounce around and sway my hips back and forth and in a circular motion. I finish with a set of pelvic tilts.
  • Options
    Exercise balls are a great way to relieve pressure on your hips and back and help strengthen your core. You can start using one at any time! I've had lots of hip trouble this pregnancy, and I've been using mine as a dining room chair for several months!
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ah, my ball is probably in my top three pregnancy/baby items! It felt so much better to sit on it versus a chair towards the end of my pregnancy. And I was on it for probably 75% of my labor, even took it in the shower! And after DD was born it was the only thing that would calm her nighttime fussiness. I would hold her and bounce on it. Best $12 I ever spent :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Lucy Kate 2/9/13
    m/c 12/30/11 - our Christmas baby
  • Options

Never too early as pp stated it helps with a lot of the pelvic discomfort. I wish I would have gotten mine sooner. Plus they are just plain fun to bounce. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"