LGBT Parenting
Options

Officially in the TWW again!

Good Morning Everyone!

I had IUI#2 yesterday afternoon. It went well. Sperm count was 47 million with 50% motility after thaw and wash. The IUI was a bit more uncomfortable this time than the last one. This Dr had a little more trouble with the catheter, but she assured me that everything went fine. I am hopeful that the timing was just right. I got my smiley face on my Ovulation test at 5am yesterday and had cramping at about 7am. I called my Dr and they said to come in yesterday afternoon b/c based on my symptoms and the ultrasound that they did the day before they felt I was ovulating yesterday. I think I did ovulate yesterday, so hopefully the timing was good.

I am super exhausted today. I slept fine, but woke up just as tired as when I went to bed. Also feeling crampy and bloated. These IUIs just throw me for a loop, which I just don't understand. It is not an invasive procedure and I am not on any meds at all... but oh man do I feel wiped out today!
Getting through this day might be a challenge...

Anyway, now I am in the TWW again. Oh boy! Any one have any tips or advice for passing the time? Any experiences to share?

Happy Friday! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Officially in the TWW again!

• Options
    Bleh, Hate the TWW...but congrats!! My wife and I tried to do a few fun date night type things during our wait, anything to distract me for a few minutes lol. I crafted,visited with friends, read, cleaned, anything i could really! Best of luck, I have been reading your posts and I have a good feeling about this one!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish you the best of luck! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :)
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KH826KH826 member

Thank you, both!

I am feeling hopeful. I will be sure to let you all know how things go with this TWW. Just hoping it goes by quickly. The last one was a killer....

Happy Weekend Everyone :)

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options

Hey, I'm in the 2ww too. IUI on 4/24 but I didn't follow an OPK, just charting my symptoms so I'm feeling very nervous that I got the dates wrong. I think I ovulated on 4/26, so the sperm should still be there to do their thing. Fingers crossed. 

The waiting is making me crazy! I can't even sleep at night. It will all be over soon, but not soon enough. When will you test? 

• Options
    KH826KH826 member

Hi there - my IUI was on 4/25, so you are only 1 day ahead of me. Happy to wait with you!

In terms of testing, I am not really sure yet... trying not to think about it since it is so early - today is only 4dpiui. Last month, with my first IUI, I just about drove myself nuts counting the days and obsessing over when to test. I think that made it even more difficult when I got a negative result. I am more relaxed this month, and the time seems to be going a bit faster. I am going to try to hold out as long as I can before testing... but I will keep you updated on that!

How are you feeling? Was this your first IUI?

• Options

Oh good, we can support each other through the next 2 weeks. 

Yes, my first IUI. I am trying to keep expectations low, but I got pregnant with my daughter on the first IUI, 3 years ago. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"