Dads & Dads-to-be

Dad in College

Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience as a new father while still in college? By the time the baby come I will only have 3 semesters till I graduate (1 and a half years of school) and am commissioned as a officer in the Army, so I will be a new Dad for awhile before I have that steady source of income, not to mention I will be gone a lot from my girls (hoping for a daughter). I am super excited but scared shitless as well. Anyone got any advice for this dad-to-be? 

Re: Dad in College

• I thought commissioned officers usually had a steady income? I know little about how the military actually works.

Having a child is a big time commitment. You and your wife should definitely sit down and talk about how you each envision your time

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • I agree with Lucky when he said not to hope too hard for one gender or another.  It is out of your hands at this point and no matter if it a boy, girl or hermaphrodite, they are your child and deserve your love regardless.

As far as the scho

• Loading the player...
  • I commission upon my graduation, so that officer pay doesn't kick in till then. The baby is due this December so by the time I graduate and get commissioned my child will be 16 months old. We have talked it over and have a solid plan w
  • Spend as much time as you can with your family.  My dad had my sister while going to school and me while still in school a year later.  He had my brother while getting his PhD.  It is hard but doable.  With the wars winding down you

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"