Pregnant after 35

Status change to "waiting to miscarry"

I had an ultrasound last Thursday & the gest sac measured 6w0d but there was no baby or yolk sac or anything. Repeated today, sac has grown to 7w2d, still nothing visible. Are any of you familiar with misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com? If you've read any of those stories, you have to hold out hope for a few more weeks that all of a sudden a baby may be visible. Deep down though, I'm pretty sure I'm waiting to miscarry now. It seems unfair that your body could think it is pregnant and the sac continue to develop. The good news so far though is no cramps, no bleeding, everything seems just fine!

Re: Status change to "waiting to miscarry"

• I'm so sorry to hear this. I had a blighted ovum last year, I will never forget how it felt when there was nothing there, just an empty sac. I waited months trying to miscarry naturally but it never happened and I ended up having to have a DC. It was a very difficult experience. I know the misdiagnosed miscarriage site gives you hope, but in all honesty at this point the chances of anything developing are very slim to none. My advice to you is to think about how long you are willing to wait. It really is torture. My doctor said I went longer than any patient he's ever had. In the end I wished I had just opted for the DC from the very beginning. Best of luck to you and again I'm so sorry for what you are going through.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • I'm so sorry for the bad news. My losses were always spontaneous and before I'd had an u/s so I never had to go through that kind of stress. (( hugs)). I hope everything turns out ok.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry to hear this.  I also had a blighted ovum prior to this pregnancy.   I miscarried about 1 week after I had the ultrasound showing it.  The bright side is they say is generally only happens once and the next pregnancy works out fine.  I got pregnant 3 months after mine and everything is going well and going to deliver in about 3 weeks.  Good luck to you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • sorry to hear what you are going through.  have dr. check your hcg levels.  if they double in 48- 72 hours then baby is doing ok. 

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• so sorry for what you are going thru. We opted to do DNC, did not want to prolong the misery and disappointment. I know it's hard, but the sooner you move on, the easier it is.

• I had a gf go through this while I was pregnant, and her experience was like the pp's, no spontaneous m/c and after lots of waiting, she needed a D&C. 

Sorry. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ABC7282ABC7282 member
    I've been where you are. About a year and a half ago, I went to the doc thinking I was about 8-ish weeks, but the sac only measured 4w6d. They said to wait a week and come back for another ultrasound. Sure enough, in that week nothing grew and the  ultrasound tech said that I should expect a heavy period soon by the looks of my uterus. I haven't heard or visited the site you mentioned, but I know from my experience I started cramping a day or two after the ultrasound tech said I should expect to and just had an "unusually long for me" period. It lasted about 6-7 days, but was not any more painful than a typical one. Hoping for the best for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"