Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Diaper rash with white bumps

DS came home from the sitter's yesterday with wicked diaper rash - AGAIN - and this morning, there were little white bumps covering parts of the red area.  Like little whiteheads almost.  He does have prescription cream we give him (nystatin) as we have always battled with this.  His rash covers much of his butt and groin in red, raised, irregular shapes.  But these white things are new and I'm not sure if this warrants a trip to the Pedi or just wait it out another day to see if it clears up.  Of course I am adressing this (and not for the first time) with the sitter, as he never has flare ups like this when he is in our care.  But the 2 days per week he comes home from her house, he always has a bad case of rash.  We are in the process of looking for alternate care but in the meantime I need to find a solution, fast!!

(FTR - she claims he often wakes up from his nap with a dirty diaper, although he almost never poops during his naps at home.  I can't imagine that causing diaper rash that is this intense.  Poor baby was crying in the bath last night and didn't want me near that area to clean it.  UGH)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper rash with white bumps

• Options
    I would give the pedi a call and see what they say.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    My friends son had this same rash. She took him to the pedi and I dont know what she told them but she never called and said it was a big deal or anything so i assume it was normal. She also had nystatin and she said it cleared it up over night but then i
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter has had this a couple times.  Usually when she teethes she gets it (teething gives her diarrhea).  The pedi told us its a yeast infection caused by diaper rash.  We used lotrimin and it cleared it right up.  We saw an impro
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We're dealing with the same thing but the rash has extended to the legs. I think it's allergies and I think the white heads are puss filling up in the hives due to scratching - I sometimes get little white nodes when I've scratched up my adult ecz

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagececilyandgautam:

We're dealing with the same thing but the rash has extended to the legs. I think it's allergies and I think t

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My girls have had this two or three times now and it has always been because of a new food.  We try to be extra diligent about diaper changes and we put on tons of diaper cream with each diaper change.  Per my pediatrician, we use lotrimin 2-

• Options
    Is it folliculitis? Both my girls had this. It's staph bacteria and it can look like white heads ( that you want to squeeze!). Neosporin is good combined with oral antibiotic cephalexin.
  • Options
    LOTRIMIN! Nobody ever told me about lotrimin with my little girl. When she got a yeast rash I put our usual cream on it. I woke her up twice through the night to change her. The next morning it was terrible. It had spread  down her leg. Called the nu
  • Options

Use lotrimin foot cream. It will fix her right up. A good rule of thumb I got from an RN is that if it begins to spread it is probably a yeast infection. A regular cream will not help with it. Lotrimin foot cream is an antifungal and that is why it wor

• Options
    My daughter gets this a lot, especially after oral antibiotics.  It's a yeast infection.  Externally, of course.  Use Lotrimin or a generic version of lotrimin.  It'll clear up within several days.  Like magic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"