Natural Birth
Options

Let's talk Prenatal vitamins and DHA!

What are you guys taking? I recently bought Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal vitamins and Oceans Mom prenatal DHA. I liked the idea of the raw prenatals because they're broken down into three doses throughout your day for better absorption and they're made from fruit and veggie juices. I did a lot of research on different prenatal brands, and always found myself coming back to these, especially since you can take them on an empty stomach and the ginger seems to soothe nausea.

My biggest problem is forgetting to take them at scheduled times though. =/ 

Re: Let's talk Prenatal vitamins and DHA!

• Options

I'm still nursing so I'm still taking all my pre-natal supplements.  I use New Chapter's Perfect Prenatal b/c it is organic and  non-GMO certified (super important to me).  It is a whole foods supplement and not derived from a chemical source.  I also take their probiotic.  My DHA supplement comes from NOW.  It is a vegetarian DHA that does not contain fish oil or a gelatin capsule.  I definitely pay more ($50/3 months supply for just the prenatal, but it is worth it, IMO). 

ETA: my prenatal is also taken 3 times a day to help with absorption.  I just take it every time I eat a major meal even though it can be taken on an empty stomach.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took some ?ber-expensive prescription with my first, and about halfway through my second til my insurance switched the cost and they were 50+ per month. Now I take one-a-day brand (they have both regular and dha) and buy them OTC at cvs.  Poor third baby....getting the shaft already :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like my Carlson Prenatals with DHA. They're MUCH easier to swallow for me than some of the others I've tried. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kdv77kdv77 member
    I take Innate Baby and Me. It's the only whole food prenatal I could find without soy in it. I also take fermented cod liver oil. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"