Attachment Parenting

AP fail

I'm attracted to many aspects of AP, but the truth is that for whatever reason, my baby is not! Other than breastfeeding, we haven't really been able to do much AP. We tried co-sleeping and it was a disaster (long story short, he's a noisy sleeper and I'm a light sleeper so I was waking up constantly which woke him up, he'd nurse for a minute but since he wasn't actually hungry, he'd fall right asleep and then start the whole thing over again an hour later). Babywearing only works if he's ready for a nap. If he's awake and happy, he much prefers sitting in his bouncy chair on top of the kitchen table and just watching us. He'll fuss if we pick him up or try and put him in a carrier. And he won't stay asleep very long while I'm wearing him either (unless I'm walking- doing normal stuff or sitting down wakes him up). So I rock him or wear him to get him to fall asleep, but if I hold him too long he wakes up, so I have to put him down before that point in order for him to get good rest. 

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with my independent little baby, I'm just wondering if anyone else has a baby like this.  

By the way, he's 7 weeks.  

Re: AP fail

• I expected to bedshare but it didn't work for us either; maybe when he's older.

Luckily, I think AP is more an attitude than a set of behaviors, so even if some of these things don't work out, it doesn't change the kind of parent you are. <br
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageObLaDi:
    I think AP is more an attitude than a set of behaviors.!

This!!! You are an attachment par
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEmerald27:
    imageObLaDi:<
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

•  I agree with PP that motherhood is an exercise in adjusting expectations. It's also about realizing (over and over) that it just isn't about me anymore. It's about my son's needs. And if that does not include babywearing, bedsharing, etc., then so b
  • Ditto PPs. Bedsharing, babywearing, etc. are only tools, they don't make you anything.

AP, by my definition anyway, is about respecting your child as an individual and balancing every family member's needs to best suit the situation at hand.&nbs

imageimage
  • My daughter also hated baby carriers, much to my disappointment. If you have a babywearing club in your area, I think it's worth trying out a few different kinds to see if it's the type of carrier your baby doesn't like, but even after trying half a do

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"